Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Soldiers from 3D Battalion, 126TH Infantry, 32nd Inf Div, descending a hill as they head toward Santa Fe, Luzon, Philippine Islands, on 1 June 1945.

126-3-Luzon(19450601).jpg

P-40N Kittyhawk of No.120(NEI)sqn RAAF prepares for another ground support mission from Biak Island, 1945. 120 sqn was a combined Dutch/Australian fighter squadron formed in late 43.

Attachments

• 120(NEI)sqn5.jpg
    120(NEI)sqn5.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 150
Jan, old chap, the Spitfire colour pic is a promotional shot, possibly from 'Piece of Cake' in the late 1980's, or perhaps a studio still, pre-production, from the BoB movie of 1969. Could even be, Bossman forbid, from 'Pearl Harbour' - but looks far too authentic for that waste of Estar base film material!

Hmmmmm......I just noticed that three closest Spitfires have three different guns whatyacallit, with the third having cannons, they also have different exhausts.....

I think that I might just replace it....

Sorry lads!

Hmmmmm......I just noticed that three closest Spitfires have three different guns whatyacallit, with the third having cannons, they also have different exhausts.....

I think that I might just replace it....

Sorry lads!

Yep, three MkIX/XVI's and a MkV, painted up to look like BoB period MkI's. They look as if they could be from the BoB movie, although all the Spits had cannon removed if fitted, so could be from Piece of Cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back