Pierre H. Clostermann, Leading French Ace

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry , Erich i apologize , but there is obviously an anti-French xenophobia in their post , and i thought if some French see it , it would just feel quite disappointed .

When you see this kind of posts without any argument in it , you want to react with energy and come with arguments , it is really not kind nor intelligent to post like this to slag a nation , be it the French , the Chinese or any other nation , especially since they are pioneers of aviation and this is the subject here .

But if i have offended anyone , please accept my apologies Erich . ;)

hey, cut the attitude problem, a quick read of any of my other posts will show you that i hate the French as, do many others, with damn good reason, i find it quite ammusing to read your posts, trying to make feeble excuses in defence of the French, i only need to state two facts in reply- Paris was reached or nearly reached 3 times by the Germans in 70 years, which is really quite shocking, and that infact at the start of the war it was infact the French with the largest army, and the entire country was taken within 6 weeks, less time than to capture Norway! you cannot defend the French- when it comes to war they suck! and you'll find no one on the site that agrees with you, and why have you listed French aces from WWI? looking a little desperate there! and as for the Aviation being a French word comment, i commend you defending your language but you're pissing the world off, English is the international business and aviation language of the world, there are more countries speaking English than any other language and there are almost double the number of people in the EU that can speak English than French, give up on the language, it's dead! furthermore George Cayleigh is most often said to be the father of Aviation

to conclude-

I am the site's most senior member and no one on the site will agree with you and your feeble attempts to defend France

as the ney guy it is your job to earn our respect and your job to learn more about the site- it is obvious you have done neither and will never do so if you carry on like this

The French are not God's gift to warfare- they are God's gift to the Germans :lol:

lastly, stop coming on here acting high and mighty, respect has to be earnt just because you're older than me or have been to Naval college, you are not my superior, you're just another idiot coming on here spewing his attitude, you make me sick.........

The RAF disputes Clostermann's claims, just out of interest. I have the revised figures somewhere, but I can't be bothered to look. They are not, needless to say, quite so high.

He apparently claimed an FW190 on a sortie he came back from with his gun-muzzle covers intact...

I read Clostermann's book 'The Big Show' a fasinating read.

I had an uncle(Flt/L N Snelson) who flew typhoons. Acording to 2nd hand familiy accounts he force landed his typhoon(Feb 45 N of Rees according to loss lists) on what he thought was a farm only it turned out to a Luftwaffe base. Apparently he underwent torture and later escaped with a Russian POW after being force marched(these guys where so hungry that after marching through a turnip field their was not one left. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how to find out more on my uncles war time experience.

I have read accounts of Spitfire pilots being asked to volunteer to fly typhoons. None stepped forward as it was considered suicide to fly ground attack missions in the Typhoon.

hey, cut the attitude problem, a quick read of any of my other posts will show you that i hate the French as, do many others, with damn good reason

So you have the mediocrity to openly assume racism against a friendly people on a forum and still act like you are a worthy poster , any healthy human being would lose respect for you seeing that ...

i find it quite ammusing to read your posts, trying to make feeble excuses in defence of the French, i only need to state two facts in reply- Paris was reached or nearly reached 3 times by the Germans in 70 years,

I don't make feeble excuses , i put you ignorance in evidence and posted historical facts that show it in daylight , but as you seem a shallow person , i wouldn't bother making your education anymore on this subject . BTW , it was twice , not 3 times , but you talk crap anyway , history didn't begin in 1870 , someone Napoleon conqueered the whole Europe for two decades until Egypt , and like the first Military academies in Western Europe were in France , or like the Crusaders , Templars , Hospitallers were actually overwhelmingly French all Grandmasters of the Orders were French except 1 exception , just like the finest Cavalry was French at the time , in fact they always have been extremely succesful in war especially between the 16th and 19th century were they were a dominant force in Europe under Louis XIV , XV , there are tons of things to say but that's probably going too deep for you and too long to post .

which is really quite shocking, and that infact at the start of the war it was infact the French with the largest army,

Bullsh .. , they had barely 800.000 men at their disposal , they had a full size German army , for your information Germany fields 7 millions men in June 1941 for Barbarossa ....

Anyhow it's cheap and convenient to brag about 70 years later and blame French ,Italians etc.. , when actually , it was the fact that you were on an island that saved you , and that you never won a war alone in your whole history , France did , many times .... And you should thank our American and especially our former Soviet Union friends (that destroyed between 80% of the German army ) , they did the job ..

and the entire country was taken within 6 weeks, less time than to capture Norway! you cannot defend the French- when it comes to war they suck!

Bulsh.. again , they didn't take the whole country , they took the northern part , they surrendered because they didn't want Paris to be destroyed and their country to turn into a battlefield again , the country wasn't fully recovered from an ecnonmical crisis and WWI .

and you'll find no one on the site that agrees with you,

So you are arrogant enough to engage the responsibility of other people to back your own vices ?
It takes some nerve but you'll probably find a couple of moron to support you , tbh i don't give a penny about it , some French used to tell me " tell me who do you get on with , i will tell you who you are " ..

and why have you listed French aces from WWI? looking a little desperate there!

You claimed that you didn't think French aces existed , i just proved you wrong , simple .

I only restricted myself to only 3 WWII aces to make short , but i could quote more , but i'll need to research which i can't be bothered at this point , especially to share anything with someone filled with ignorance and xenophobia and who on top of all , is proud to show it to everyone ...

and as for the Aviation being a French word comment, i commend you defending your language but you're pissing the world off, English is the international business and aviation language of the world, there are more countries speaking English than any other language and there are almost double the number of people in the EU that can speak English than French, give up on the language, it's dead! furthermore George Cayleigh is most often said to be the father of Aviation

I don't think anyone ever contested that English is the International language , they are free and personally i think it's great that they try to protect and promote their language who is spoken in dozens of countries across the world , that doesn't prevent them to learn other languages like German , Russian Spanish , Italian .... something people like you are most likely incapable seeing your hostilty against the French which shows a narrow mind .

That has never been the subject of this thread btw , thanks for sharing your ignorance again .

to conclude-
I am the site's most senior member and no one on the site will agree with you and your feeble attempts to defend France
The French are not God's gift to warfare- they are God's gift to the Germans :lol:

You should be proud of you , Great conclusion , you look really smart .
And German are God gifts to Russians ,Italians are cowards , French doesn't how to fight , they only know cheese and wine ? good , continue like this , i hope that you will not raise your child with this mentality , because you seem to be a lost cause already i'm afraid ... :(

BTW , it was twice , not 3 times , but you talk crap anyway , history didn't begin in 1870 , someone Napoleon conqueered the whole Europe for two decades until Egypt , and like the first Military academies in Western Europe were in France , or like the Crusaders , Templars , Hospitallers were actually overwhelmingly French all Grandmasters of the Orders were French except 1 exception , just like the finest Cavalry was French at the time , in fact they always have been extremely succesful in war especially between the 16th and 19th century were they were a dominant force in Europe under Louis XIV , XV , there are tons of things to say but that's probably going too deep for you and too long to post .

hehe, it's 3 times, 1870/71 Paris taken by German states, mostly Prussia, the romoval of France as a threat unites Germany- WWI Germans stopped 30 miles short of Paris, it's the Marne river that stops them, the French spent the rest of the war on the defensive after the mutiny and it's left to the British to clean up, that's along with our victories in the middle east and the naval blockade, i think you got a pretty good deal out of us! and Paris again taken in WWII, why didn't you learn a lesson first time around? and don't talk to me about Napoleon, incase your garlic eating teachers were too biased to mention this, it was us that beat him, on our own infact, and we had the largest empire the world has ever seen, we controlled 1/4 of the world.s surface and 1/3 of the population (unless i've gotten that the wrong way around) but either way, it's bigger than anything the French ever got, and whilst we were industrialising you guys were still back in the dark ages, so don't even try that one, and the comment about us having won no wars on our own is laughable, we have fought and won all over the world and have been doing so for many a year now...........

they didn't take the whole country , they took the northern part , they surrendered because they didn't want Paris to be destroyed and their country to turn into a battlefield again

Vichy France was given more autonomy but ultimately there were a captured territory, infact after we bought back thousands of French soldiers off Dunquirke, they simply went back to Vichy France, wasn't that nice of them! and surrendering is having your country taken, "no no, we weren't captured, we surrendered" is laughable.........

they are free and personally i think it's great that they try to protect and promote their language who is spoken in dozens of countries across the world , that doesn't prevent them to learn other languages like German , Russian Spanish , Italian .... something people like you are most likely incapable seeing your hostilty against the French which shows a narrow mind .

it's actually quite an irony but i studied the French language for 5 years and out of a year group of roughly 250 people, i was the best in the year at French, so really i'm not that incapable :lol: .........

but it's like Adler said, you're the new guy here, i shouldn't get so wound up about your throwaway comments that look like they're straight out of a French history book, you may continue to contest things with me if you wish, but i shall continue to laugh as most of your comments are hogswash, judge me as much as you want, i don't really mind that because you don't know me, you're simply making yourself look ignorant spewing all this "France is great" rubbish, you should just considder yourself lucky i'm not a mod with your attitude here...........

When you look at most of Napoleon's campaigns, he was an utter failure! The only significant campaign he actually won was the Central European campaign, culminating in Austerlitz. For the rest, he got clobbered. Read up on the Egyptian or the Peninsula campaigns, for example. They don't seem to mention those in French schools, now, do they? Of course, they have to mention Russia, but they can use the weather as an excuse to hide their true strategic incompetence.

Perhaps his mind is too narrow, and he can't understand why in every other culture in the world, the French are not well looked upon. (I have deliberately restrained the force of my language so as not to offend him or cause him to feel unloved.)

So you have the mediocrity to openly assume racism against a friendly people on a forum and still act like you are a worthy poster , any healthy human being would lose respect for you seeing that ...

I don't make feeble excuses , i put you ignorance in evidence and posted historical facts that show it in daylight , but as you seem a shallow person , i wouldn't bother making your education anymore on this subject . BTW , it was twice , not 3 times , but you talk crap anyway , history didn't begin in 1870 , someone Napoleon conqueered the whole Europe for two decades until Egypt , and like the first Military academies in Western Europe were in France , or like the Crusaders , Templars , Hospitallers were actually overwhelmingly French all Grandmasters of the Orders were French except 1 exception , just like the finest Cavalry was French at the time , in fact they always have been extremely succesful in war especially between the 16th and 19th century were they were a dominant force in Europe under Louis XIV , XV , there are tons of things to say but that's probably going too deep for you and too long to post .

Bullsh .. , they had barely 800.000 men at their disposal , they had a full size German army , for your information Germany fields 7 millions men in June 1941 for Barbarossa ....

Anyhow it's cheap and convenient to brag about 70 years later and blame French ,Italians etc.. , when actually , it was the fact that you were on an island that saved you , and that you never won a war alone in your whole history , France did , many times .... And you should thank our American and especially our former Soviet Union friends (that destroyed between 80% of the German army ) , they did the job ..

Bulsh.. again , they didn't take the whole country , they took the northern part , they surrendered because they didn't want Paris to be destroyed and their country to turn into a battlefield again , the country wasn't fully recovered from an ecnonmical crisis and WWI .

So you are arrogant enough to engage the responsibility of other people to back your own vices ?
It takes some nerve but you'll probably find a couple of moron to support you , tbh i don't give a penny about it , some French used to tell me " tell me who do you get on with , i will tell you who you are " ..

You claimed that you didn't think French aces existed , i just proved you wrong , simple .

I only restricted myself to only 3 WWII aces to make short , but i could quote more , but i'll need to research which i can't be bothered at this point , especially to share anything with someone filled with ignorance and xenophobia and who on top of all , is proud to show it to everyone ...

I don't think anyone ever contested that English is the International language , they are free and personally i think it's great that they try to protect and promote their language who is spoken in dozens of countries across the world , that doesn't prevent them to learn other languages like German , Russian Spanish , Italian .... something people like you are most likely incapable seeing your hostilty against the French which shows a narrow mind .

That has never been the subject of this thread btw , thanks for sharing your ignorance again .

You should be proud of you , Great conclusion , you look really smart .
And German are God gifts to Russians ,Italians are cowards , French doesn't how to fight , they only know cheese and wine ? good , continue like this , i hope that you will not raise your child with this mentality , because you seem to be a lost cause already i'm afraid ... :(

No actually Lanc is very well respected in this forum. However you my friend are just a Noobie. You come in here with the attitude. You have to earn your respect and you have not done so.

You disagree with Lanc that is fine, but you dont go straight into the thread and insult him. Im giving you a warning for this attitude. Keep it up...

You claim that Lanc is arrogant and ignorant. YOu have proven me your ignorance and that you are very naive. The same things you blame Lanc for you do in your own posts.

Who gives a rats ass....

Ive been all over the Globe and met inhabitants from 4 Continents, and the French people as whole were the most inhospitable and rude populace...

And this toad isnt even from France...

I agree with you fully. I have been all over the world and the French allways give that "We are ze french, we are ze greatest gift to ze world!" With there damn noses stuck up in the air.

It is a shame that a city like Paris is overun with French. I really enjoyed the 4 times I have been to Paris but it would have been better if the French had not been there.

You want to go in August. The worst of the SOBs are all on holiday either on the south coast of France (you'd be surprised how few French people actually never really leave France - good thing for the rest of us, though!) or going round the canyons in Utah!

Last time I went to Paris was last August. Took my wife there for her Birthday and our Wedding Anniversary. I really like the city (but would be better without the people) especially the University area, it has great restaurants and for a better price. I remember sitting at a Cafe near Napoleans tomb and drinking a beer and I paid 11 Euros for it. It was also the nastiest beer I have ever had. 1664 it was called and was on par with Budweiser.

Attachments

• paris.JPG
    paris.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 144
Have you tried it. The French serve it in an small fruit punch bowl (like a man wants to drink it in a fruit punch bowl) and it has a nasty sweet flavor to it. The French waiter said it was the best beer...

...Crap if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back