Polish president killed in plane crash

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The purpose of the trip: which was taking the president, his wife and staff to events marking the 70th anniversary of the massacre of thousands of Polish officers by Soviet secret police
Kinda ironic, and very sad. My conoldences. :salute:

It is just my own opinion, but I think the time schedule of the commemoration in Katyn was one of the reasons of this catastrophe. They say the pilot was told not to land there but in Minsk or Moscow as there was a fog at the time of the accident. But both these airports are too far from Katyn and the politics wouldn´t catch the commemoration.They say the pilot did 4 attemts to land and the last one failed which makes me think the pilot was under pressure of the politicians aboard as they wanted to catch the commemoration.

Anyaway, it´s too soon for any conclusions and again especially for the Polish nation:
PLEASE, RECIEVE MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCE...I still can´t believe it. It was a shock for me when I turned my PC on this morning.

To our Polish friends - I wish you hearfelt condolences at this difficult time. However, I know your nation will again show the courage for which it is reknowned and recover from this tragedy.

:salute:

This is so sad..... a bad day for the Polish people, indeed. Wojtek lost not only his President, but the Chief of the General Staff of the Polish Armed Forces and The Polish Air Force Commander.

Our condolences.....

:salute: :salute: :salute:

Charles

A terrible tragedy indeed :(

Thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims, our friends and people of Poland
81157.gif

Gen. Sikorski came to my mind the same moment as I heard about this catastrophe...

I couldn't remember his name, but was thinking about the same guy.

My condolences to all my Polish friends here.

:salute:

Last edited:
My heartfelt condolences to all the Polish people who have lost their leaders, and to those who lost a family member that day. :cry: :salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back