Post ur Pic for Our New Member Mug Shot Album....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you like the hollo bodies and don't have a lot to spend, look at the Ibanez Artcore. I picked one up a few years ago and love it! I asked to look at one in a music store a few years ago, I played it. The guy said "try this" and plugged it into an amp. I was in love! I figured I was in for it when I turned the tag over. My jaw hit the floor when it said $350! I was figuring in the 1200-1500 range, so I brought it home.

The tone is sweet, unplugged and plugged in.

Yep, that's a great guitar, a friend of mine has one. I prefer solid bodies though. More sustain (especially the LP). As for blues, my LP has p90 pickups. They give a nice crunchy sound

I hate tremolos. One reason I bought a Tele instead of a Strat. Strat would be great, but I would fix the tremolo to the body. I have an Aria superstrat with Floyd rose, changing a string takes ages and I hardly even use the tremolo.

I found the Rose tremolo makes a Strat sound tinny. I have a trem on the Strat, but rarely attach the bar for it.

The Artcore has great sustain, but you have to watch the feedback, which is true with any hollow body. For killer crunch, I modified an old Vantage electric. I stripped the paint off and stained it, it looks WAY better. I took out the double coil pickup in it that was okay, but not very crunchy and replaced it with a Fred pickup (George Lynch's favorite pickup) and that thing will sustain for days.

Hey Marcel..have you tried a humbucker in the Tele??

Nope, I really love the single coils on this Tele. The neck pickup is silky smooth and the bridge position razor sharp and I'm afraid that the tele will sound too much like the Les Paul with some humbuckers. My Les Paul is a brute. Although it has singel coils, it has more output than most of the humbucked Ibanezes I played on. It already gives quite some cruchy distortion on my clean channel if I'm not too careful. (Great for blues :) ) I have thought about changing the p90's for humbuckers, but didn't do it. The p90's have a very distinct sound, little more bite than a PAF with the same output. I'll have to live with the single coil noices on high gain though, but after time you start to like it :)

I wanted something more subtle than the Les Paul and the tele gives me that. But that bridge pickup can also really scream and is surprisingly quiet at high gain :)

I found the Rose tremolo makes a Strat sound tinny. I have a trem on the Strat, but rarely attach the bar for it.
Yep, that was my problem, too. I'm selling the Aria as I don't play it anymore. Tomorow a potential buyer will come and try it. I've just searched the house for that stupid handle. Been lost for ages. Luckily I just found it :)

Humbuckers are pretty awesome but if your going to buy a tele in my opinion you buy it for single coil use.

Some people hot rod them and you can buy em buckered but it doesn't sit right with me anyhow.

Good luck with the sale Marcel. :)

Ahem...

SERIOUSLY!!!!!

I, at the very least, need pics of the following high posting/well respected Members...........

MATT
SOREN
TIMSHATZ
ROYZEE
WMAXT
WAYNE LITTLE
RLEONARD
SOD STITCH
HO HUN
JANK
SCREAMING EAGLE
DOUGRD
K9KIWI
AUSSIE101
SCREAMING FU*KING EAGLE
DAVPARLR

You said my name twice? ok les I will see what I can do, I just need a haircut first!

Humbuckers are pretty awesome but if your going to buy a tele in my opinion you buy it for single coil use.

Some people hot rod them and you can buy em buckered but it doesn't sit right with me anyhow.

Good luck with the sale Marcel. :)

Thanks Heinz. The guy liked the guitar (I can imagine as it is in perfect shape) and bought it. So it went alright. Feels kinda strange, it was my first electric one. But I out-grew it so to say.

I know what you mean. I traded my first electic a few years back but my first ever guitar ( classical acoustic ) I'll never part with.

I also sold my half stack for good now, its gone. On the brightside I have my room back as it took up half of it :lol:

OK! Les here it is, got my daughter to snap a shot...:shock:

Attachments

• I Didn't do it! a.JPG
    I Didn't do it! a.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 85
Tada, I finally talked Wayne into posting a pic....... Woo Hoo..... Thanks Wayne, good to see what u finally look like....

Now if we could get Matt, Soren, Screaming Fu*kin Eagle, Micdrow, K9Kiwi and Aussie101 to post one up, we'd be pretty close..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back