Post-War RCAF Mustang

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So seeing Andy's Mustangs has made me want to start my Tamiya 1/48 (almost bought another 1/32 ) P-51D soon. I will be building it as serial number Mustang IV 9564, which was apparently a P-51D-25-NA with a USAAF serial of 44-72902. I have attached the only picture I've seen of it. My question is what (if anything) needs to be done to make it an RCAF Mustang, or anything specific I need to fix on the kit for that matter? I've looked all over the place for information regarding the RCAF's post-war Mustangs and have come up with virtually nothing. There's apparently an IPMS article by Randy Lutz that details these things but I cannot find it anywhere. All I really know is that at one point they were painted silver instead of being left in a NMF. Thanks.

Here's another one from the same squadron, though a different aircraft.

Here is the emblem of the 402nd RCAF Squadron that can be seen but partially only. And below the enlarged part of the decal sheet.

Good stuff guys! I like these post war RCAF Mustangs, ours were rather bland in comparison...

Attachments

• 77sqnRAAF16.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 68
  • A68-792.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 77sqnRAAF.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread