Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work. Not being a 'road going' vehicle, it probably wouldn't have a 'number plate' (licence plate in the US/Canada), but it would probably have the 'Group' number, followed by a Squadron number. For example "RAF 5/21". These would be in small white characters, on the front 'bumper' and rear mudguard. The 'RAF' was often omitted, just displaying the numbers.
If it's Royal Navy (Fleet Air Arm), then it would just be the RN and a number, again in white, for example RN134.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Okay... So it would be tiny white numbers. I'll have a look in my decal stash to see it I have any. The ones supplied with the kit are big white numbers that go on each of the rear mud flaps. (A little smaller than the one displayed on the cockpit below. I tried to find a picture of it on the web, but I couldn't find any... and I was too lazy to take a picture of the instruction sheet.)

I have the numbers "10" and "6"... Probably the American carrier number ?

Attachments

• TAM00061085_2_l.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 124
Yes, the numbers would be fairly small. On the 'real thing', they would be around four inches (100 mm) high, so that's approximately 2mm in 1/48th scale. I wouldn't worry too much if you don't have any decals the right size - you could either hand-paint them and then partly obliterate them with dust / mud splashes, to cover any 'iregular' brush work, or omit them alltogether. Vehicles used exclusively on airfields didn't always have a number.

I just don't have the talent to hand paint them
There's talent and there's miracle-working
hand-painting 2mm numerals so that they're recognisable as such whilst working around the horizontal tail surfaces and the general, non-linear shape of an aircraft rear fuselage comes under the latter category

If you could do stuff like that, half of the Canadian IPMS would be scared to enter competitions in case you were there

I went for something a little different this time, a 1/35 USAAF water truck. I didn't weather it so it would stand out among my 1/35 stuff. Kit is from italeri.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC02249.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC02250.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC02254.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC02256.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC02259.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 97
I went for something a little different this time, a 1/35 USAAF water truck. I didn't weather it so it would stand out among my 1/35 stuff. Kit is from italeri.
Ed

Hey Ed I didn't know you did anything but 72nd airplanes. Don't tell me you've run out of subjects. You can always take up SCRATCHBUILDING !!!!

All kidding aside. It is fun to build something different for a change. Looks GREAT !!!!

Ed

Hey Ed I didn't know you did anything but 72nd airplanes. Don't tell me you've run out of subjects. You can always take up SCRATCHBUILDING !!!!

All kidding aside. It is fun to build something different for a change. Looks GREAT !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread