Post Your Models! (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I turned in the kits for the AFA auction. I can get back to a bit more mild building routine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 97
Nice work indeed. I recently built the Airfix 1/72 Curtiss Hawk 81A2 (P40B) and it was a blast! It need some filler here and there but other than that the fit was excellent, as is the detail and decals. I know I may of overweathered it and such but as long as it looks like a Warhawk it's fine with me. Here are finished shots of the model on it's "Display Base." :D

IMG_20150326_151240.jpg

IMG_20150326_151251.jpg

IMG_20150326_151300.jpg

IMG_20150326_151308.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Here's a big one.

It's a Spitfire float plane, one of those operated from Egypt's Great Bitter Lake.

The model is based on the Trumpeter 1/24 Spitfire float plane kit. Unfortunately you can't make this aeroplane, or any of the others in Egypt, from the kit, there are problems to numerous to list here.
The biggest 'fix' is an entirely new tail and stabilisers from Greymatter Figures. It involves the sort of butchery that always makes the knees shake!

IMG_1362_zps4u7bbueo.gif

Markings are sprayed using Mal's superb 'Miracle Masks'.
Paints are a mixture of the now discontinued WEM Colourcoats and Xtracolor.

SFQ_zps04qyde08.gif

Port_zpsk2fwlgyw.gif

SRQ_zpsoxxtoxkd.gif

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
Does it float?

I doubt it very much :)

The original full size versions had a serious problem with leaking floats. This was not so serious on the lake as the aircraft could be hauled out onto a slipway after each flight and the floats drained. The intention was to operate the aircraft from secret bases in the Greek Islands, supported by a radar equipped submarine, against Italian supply routes to North Africa. Had the military situation not prevented this operational deployment, the leaky floats might have.
Of the three built and sent to Egypt, two were re-assembled and flown, but never operationally.

Cheers

Steve

Two new little kits by me.
Payen Pa.22, RS-Models, 1:72:
zz_IMG_7415.jpg

Lippisch P-13a, PM-Models, 1:72:
It seems, as if Watson´s Whizzers had still found some :lol: But that´s Top Secret 8)
zz_IMG_7403.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back