Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nicely done, I couldn't help noticing the instrument panel, not easy to do so well. You did find a desert air strip :)
Cheers
Steve

Latest off the line is the 1/32 Special Hobby Tempest V, finished as SN129 flown by No.486 (New Zealand) Squadron's Commanding Officer, Sqn. Ldr. C. J. Sheddan. This is how the aircraft would have looked in May 1945.

Temp_1_small_zpswmaas8oz.gif

Temp_5_small_zps4edafai8.gif

Temp_4_small_zpspp3skn8n.gif

This is the second 1/32 Tempest V I have built, the other from the PCM kit. This one from Special Hobby is by far the best of the two kits.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
That is a pretty awesome looking build, Steve. I bought one of those a couple of months back, I just dont know when I'll get to it or what scheme I'll do but I do hope it will be a killer.

That is a pretty awesome looking build, Steve. I bought one of those a couple of months back, I just dont know when I'll get to it or what scheme I'll do but I do hope it will be a killer.

It's a great kit.
I have read of people having difficulty with the fit of the cockpit into the fuselage because the cockpit is too wide. This is a problem I did have when I built the PCM kit, but with this one the fit was very tight but not too wide. I am completely neutral in the matter, but if I was to build another Tempest it would be from the Special Hobby kit.
There are parts in the kit already which, along with the construction which involves a separate front end in front of the fire wall, definitely indicates that a Tempest II is planned, based on this kit.I would be interested in that!

My markings are one of the kit options, but I chose to spray the national markings, codes and serial rather than use the kit decals. I did use the decals for the stencils etc and they were very good.

Cheers

Steev

This is one of my recently completions of a shelf queen that had been sitting around a while. I put the Rufe up to complete this . Going through the box I had found that I was missing quite a few parts albeit fiddly stuff and some of the clear pieces. I did manage to find the center line tank after I took these photos. I also see a need for a better background for pics.
This is the 32 Trumpeter F8F-2

IMG_0027_zps5iejhgjy.gif

IMG_0028_zpsuq5bi5gu.gif

IMG_0029_zpsas3alcfz.gif

IMG_0030_zpsptslyyth.gif

I bought a used camera body that is an upgrade from the one I had previously but I have yet to work out some kinks with the depth of field
settings so the pics sort of suffer.

Nice one.
And yes Steve, the Tempest II was shown as a future release on Hannant's web site a little while ago, together with both versions of the Tempest V kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back