Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not to say I have been idle of late.I have been doing alot of 1/72's slam them paint them like it was when I was kid :).The P-51 is a Hase 1/48 Aussie marking about 15hrs,Nell ARII kit 1/72 8-10hrs,Ki-46 Dinah Airfix gear up 5hrs,Rex (early) Hase 1/72 about 5-6hrs when finished grey is on and the last SBD-3 Midway Hase 1/72 another @5-6hrs when finished.I am finishing one and starting another.I am not going overboard at all I am just having fun burnout had occurred.
DSC03982.JPG
DSC03982.JPG
DSC03983.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03984.JPG
    DSC03984.JPG
    385 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC03985.JPG
    DSC03985.JPG
    371.1 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC03986.JPG
    DSC03986.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 48
Not to say I have been idle of late.I have been doing alot of 1/72's slam them paint them like it was when I was kid :).The P-51 is a Hase 1/48 Aussie marking about 15hrs,Nell ARII kit 1/72 8-10hrs,Ki-46 Dinah Airfix gear up 5hrs,Rex (early) Hase 1/72 about 5-6hrs when finished grey is on and the last SBD-3 Midway Hase 1/72 another @5-6hrs when finished.I am finishing one and starting another.I am not going overboard at all I am just having fun burnout had occurred.View attachment 362690 View attachment 362690 View attachment 362691
I'm working on this one too I'm on the same step only I have the cowling painted
IMG_4906.JPG

Very easy build just wish the weight would of been heavier in the float but no big deal.I have the Ki-61 from Dragon I think or it will be the Heller DH-89 haven't decided next.

Great stuff Kevin! Must have missed this page when I made my last comment..?

You did a much better job of the Ki-46 than I did, and in ALOT less time! I need to know your secret! :)

Great stuff Kevin! Must have missed this page when I made my last comment..?

You did a much better job of the Ki-46 than I did, and in ALOT less time! I need to know your secret! :)
Just keeping to the basics really I am not going all out in details I did it gear up and it hangs in the cabinet above the 1/24 crates.The Rex(1hr) and the SBD (2hr) longer than I thought I taped those canopy's.

Here are some shots of my last build. It was on a whim. The kit is an old mold Airfix 1:72 Hurricane MkI.

The prop and spinner are the deHaviland unit from the new mold ragwing MkI. The kit had no pitot tube molded so my son volunteered his from an Academy Typhoon.

The decals are from Hanannts. The olive green is polyscale. Other colors are Tamiya and Model Masters.

The mold had no ejector ports for the Brownings (caseless ammo, my co-worker suggested!). I've not done it before but I used pastels with a homemade template to get close then painted the ports in.

1943ish (I think) just before the Hurricanes were retired due to lack of spares.

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back