Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is that same kit and subject, 1/48 Tamiya A6M2b Pearl Harbor plane tail number
AI-101 in 2011, built 16 years later with corrected colors. The old Tamiya Zero kit still
holds up well. It should be redone with new molding though. John

Last edited:
Not to ignore your build, which is indeed lovely, but your pics are equally so!

Something I need to research as my efforts are ... wanting -

Are you a natural, or did you take advantage of a particularly good research publication?

I have been doing research on Japanese WWII aircraft for about 15 years. I go to j-aircraft.com, Aviation Of Japan,
www.pacificwrecks.com. I also have Squadron Zero Walkaround and a Warbird Zero book. I have an extensive Squadron
Walkaround set of books for many aircraft, A6M Zero, Bf-109, F-8 Crusader, F-102, F-106, F-100, A-6A, B-52, F-4U, F-4F, U-2
and many many more. I also go to a lot of model websites. Google is your friend. John

This is old, actually I think it can be called a "classic" as I heard this kit called that recently
on E Bay. I am thinking 30 plus years old, probably one of my first Zeros. I know it's that old
as it is sitting on a Kodak 18% gray card I have not used since the Canon AE-1P SLR I used back
then has long been retired for a DSLR. The old Revell 1/48 A6M5 and I have no clue what paints
or colors I used, maybe Pactra? John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread