Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finished! Here are the first couple of shots of my Me262, 1/72.

Attachments

• Me262a KG(J)6 Yellow 5 wa_7413.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 83
  • me262a KG(J)6 Yellow 5 wb_7439.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Me262a KG(J)6 Yellow 5 wf_7414.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 85
Thanks for your comments Guys... some shots from the other side.

Attachments

• Me262a KG(J)6 Yellow 5 wa_7442.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Me262a KG(J)6 Yellow 5_7449.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Me262a KG(J)6 Yellow 5 Cockpit Closeup_7430.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 91
cockpit detail is really good!

I like the very very fine piece of wire balancing the plane, good idea!

I have a thunderjet in 1/48 to start and I didnt want to use the unsightly piece of clear sprue they provided. Cheers.

Not as good as the one above (which is very nice by the way) but I made the Revell 1:72 version

Standard bar the Swastika, painted in RLM 81, 82 and 76. I can't help but think the top two are the wrong way round - shouldn't it be mostly green then brown? The tail is supposed to have lots of small lines on it, but I knew I wouldn't be able to go that fine with the airbrush, so it's spotty instead!

Next is this Airfix Spitfire V

I did add some more cockpit detail, but can't get my camera to focus on it. Wasn't a great model to be honest, the wings are way too thick and fit wasn't great

Another Spitfire V, this time the Hobbyboss one

Made out of the box, but I used aftermarket decals to replicate an aircraft of the 67th USAAF recon group, Membury, 1943. Not a bad kit, although I made the fuselage band too big, nad I'm pretty sure this aircraft should have wheel spats?

Now onto the Academy XIV

A great kit but the decals looked awful so I didn't even bother, going for aftermarket ones instead. This one is 17 Squadron Leader Ginger Lacey's craft based in Burma 1945. I tried something different by spraying it chrome, then normal paint and using tape to pull sections off whilst it was still tacky. I think it's come out quite well, although it did leave a rippled texture on the upper wings.

Finally the one I'm most proud of, the Hasegawa Beaufighter VI

It's a really nice kit and posed no problems to build. I've always loved the Beaufighter and have the Matchbox, Airfix and Frog kits on my 'to build' list,although I can't imagine them being as easy to construct. I painted this one, as with the Spit XIV, 262 and US Spit with Xtracrylix paint. Although hard to get hold of, it's fantastic stuff that gives a much more realistic satin finish (helped with a coat of satin varnish after the decals and weathering)

Next is this Airfix Spitfire V

I did add some more cockpit detail, but can't get my camera to focus on it. Wasn't a great model to be honest, the wings are way too thick and fit wasn't great

Nice models mate. I agree with you regarding the airfix Spit V. I got half way through making mine and gave up because of the sheer crappyness of the quality, which was a shame as I really wanted to do it as the 79sqn RAAF bird that you finished yours as.

wow negativecreep you have been busy

I have that spitfire to build guys hopefully I can get around the thickness problems.

Maybe sanding the inside of the wings to thin them?

Thanks guys. With that Airfix Spit, the new wings are actually a completely different molding, made from a different plastic with recessed panel lines. When I first opened the box I thought it had been packaged wrong, but I presume it meas you can make it with the 'B' or 'C' wings, although the instructions make no mention. It's a good idea badly done

Yeah, great collection Negative Creep, my Me262 is the Revell one as well.
I carefully cut the canopy to show it in the open position as it didn't seem to want to fit right. The only down side is you can see just how thick the canopy is.
Heinz , you're right it does look like I am balancing the kit on the 'wire', but the antenna is only about 8mm long, it is much shorter than you give me credit for....sorry! You can see how short it is in the shot attached.

Attachments

• Me262a KG(J)6 Yellow 5 antenna close up_7421.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 81
At first glance I presumed yours was a 1:32! One odd thing about that kit is how you get loads of detail on the sidewalls and cockpit bucket, none of which you can see when the model is made

Users who are viewing this thread