Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah... Ditto on the wow what a great looking hotrod of an aircraft.
I haven't seen the Avaitor yet, I think it's time to keep an eye open for it.

Ok an update on my current Me262 build which has sort of put the Kate on hold for a short time.

These shots are after all the decals have been applied and the final gloss coat has been sprayed on.

Hope you like it...

Attachments

• Me262a Yellow 5 Final Gloss Coat wa_7391.JPG
    Me262a Yellow 5 Final Gloss Coat wa_7391.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Me262a Yellow 5 Final Gloss Coat wb_7384.JPG
    Me262a Yellow 5 Final Gloss Coat wb_7384.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 127
  • Me262a Yellow 5 Final Gloss Coat wc_7385.JPG
    Me262a Yellow 5 Final Gloss Coat wc_7385.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 127
Hey, you posted two minutes after I just did! :)

It looks wonderful. The finish really shows off the smooth, smooth paint underneath. That's hard to get.

And Heinz, thanks. That's a lot of unfinished planes you got! But they look good, especially that TBF or Dauntless???

WOW Wayne you make it look easy!

She really looks superb:) However from your other work I expect no less from you!

Soundbreaker cheers mate and thats a Avenger in blue. Its a 1:72 Academy model bit of a rare one I think.

They will all be finished but dont expect anything until Dec when I'm school free! :lol:

I'm really curious how my F 16 ends up never having built a modern fighter before :)

Impressive ! Does it actually fly ?

Charles

Well this particular one did not fly. It was used for taxi shots, close ups and the crash. We designed and produced the patterns and molds and an extra set of castings were made for another company that did build an rc version for the film.

more info here. goto miniatures page for pics
goto the screening room for video. scroll down to visual effects and miniature effects for specific videos
All patterns, molds castings for the xf-11 and Hercules built by New Deal Studios.

AVIATOR VISUAL EFFECTS - BEHIND THE SCENES

h-1 rc footage and xf-11 footage

rc planes xf-11 and hercules
crash

As most of you know, I just started a new rubber powered balsa/paper
model of a "Fairchild 24"...... whatever that is. This dude has a twelve
inch wingspan, and the fuselage is only 7 1/2 inches long. I've started
a new thread under Modelling called Fairchild 24. Come and check the
progress

Charles

Hello guys, after almost 10 years of not building any planes (concentrating on my HO railroad layout), I finaly came back to work. I used to model 1:72, but in my "rebirth" I decided to go 1:48. For my first model I chose the B-26 Marauder, my favorite mid size bomber. I was a little rusty, and experimented some new techniques aquired from the modelrailroading thing. Overall the result I think was OK, some things could have been donde better, others just didn't work. A B-25 Mitchell is waiting in his box. I hope it comes better with the experience aquired.

The weathering was emulated from real WWII color pics.

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

This is a model I helped design and build for the film The Aviator. 25' wingspan with working counter rotating props.

enjoy

minieffects

Unbelievably real......spot on man, where was this done. I only live about 2 hours from the Evergreen museum. Been there twice and am waiting for the new buildings to open and become populated with aircraft......Oh hell, why wait, it only cots the gas money and $10 (I'm a vet) the damn motels around there really gouge you.

Unbelievably real......spot on man, where was this done. I only live about 2 hours from the Evergreen museum. Been there twice and am waiting for the new buildings to open and become populated with aircraft......Oh hell, why wait, it only cots the gas money and $10 (I'm a vet) the damn motels around there really gouge you.

New Deal Studios

Los Angeles

thank you for your comments. Last night I corrected a few mistakes, one of them, was to apply the wing decals after weathering (I told you I was rusted...). Last night I airbrushed some little thinned floquil grimmy black over the black bar that's on the smoke stain on the wings. I just started building the Jet Alpine Fighter's B-25J (from german revell). There are tons of pictoral information over the web of this aircraft. Hope to have the finished thingy in a few weeks, spect pictures! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back