Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The same well used method, the pencil to a sharp chisel point, carefully run along the panel lines. It is a real metallic grey when applied to the matt paint but once a gloss coat is applied it darkens to a black-grey and holds this colour once the matt coats are applied for the final finish.

...and also a brushed on light pastel application in black or dark grey along the panel lines as well on the matt paint before the gloss.

Thanks Guys..

A4K
Thanks for the tip about the intake duct. I know how difficult it is to get paint to stick on Aluminium and those BMW power plant had a short enough life span without ingesting paint flakes so it makes sense.
Wonder If Wurger has any comments?
Other tips and models are all great. Keep up the good work.
Dragonsinger

Evan, regarding the intake on the he162, this one is not in the fuselage colour nor is it unpainted 'metal'.

The arrow is Red and the background in the eagle emblem is red....

Attachments

• He162_White 1_0101.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 74
Hmmm...thanks Wayne. Hard to build up a 'sound knowledge' on something if even the technical books botch it up... Oh well, scrub that comment of mine, Jim, and I learnt something new too...

Hey Wayne (didn'T somebody paint a picture called that?)
Your shot shows some weathering detail on the nacels so bang goes another theory.
Dragonsinger
PS Ive nicked the picture.

And here is another shot, showing the nacelle intake in the fuselage colour.

....and my apologies I did not credit the the other He162 photo it is from the same source as the one below.

Defenders of the Reich JG 1 Vol 3 Eric Mombeek.

Attachments

• He162 Camo_Yellow 5_3 JG 1.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 91
I believe 1 of the 2 162 they have in the National Aviation Museum in Ottawa is still in it's original paint but it seems their image bank is down

Great pic again Wayne! I have a colour profile of an He 162 with the arrow n red, the shield in orange-yellow with red trim, and an orange-red intake ring. How accurate that is I couldn't say, though...

Very disappointing not to be able to trust my 'trusted refernces' anymore, would love to know what information they based that comment about the intake rings on...

Hey don't be too disheartened mate many books are written based on what is known at the time of printing, then new info is discovered and changes things....This is especially relevant in my current reading of the Dora 9 by Japo and Eagle Editions. New details are coming to light and altering past perceptions...and ideas about markings and camo.

Not to mention what we learn here from each other about many different things...

Hey guys just finished my Korean Corsair tonight. Its the Italeri 1/72 scale
F4U-4B and took some time to finish. Cant see with the canopy fixed but I picked out all the dials and made good use of the decent cockpit supplied. Tried a few things including a clear coat for seal and decals and also decal softner. Nothing revolutionary but new for me.
Now I see close ups of the model and theres a fair few mistakes

Cheers

Attachments

• corsair1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 97
  • corsair2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 88
  • corsair3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 81
  • corsair4.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 81
  • corsair5.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 90
I'm not a big fan of the Corsair fighter but I must admit she looks great with this armament undersides.Very nice Alex, very nice....

Alex
Only mistake that's instantly obvious is the engine is too shiny. One flight and everything facing you on a radial is either blue (heat) or grey (crap).
Even so the painting and build are first class

Users who are viewing this thread