Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Gang!

i've been wanting to build the Lindberg avro vulcan for years and never getting the chance to get hold of one despite watching everyone which came up on ebay they go from anything of £15 - £35 well one came up an uncomplete one, only one piece missing [exhaust nozzle] i got one for £6 and that included the postage.

i just had to make it up on that clear stand i was going to make it wheels up seeing as i've heard so much about the legs being too long, well i shorten'd them by 3mm so they don't look too bad and broke/re-positioned the rear wheels down a bit to make it look as if she's just got airborn.

Being such an old kit [1967] the decals had yellowed badly so i had them in the window for 6 weeks to bleech them back to original :twisted: well when i went to soak them and put them on, they wouldn't come off so the decals were left to soak for 2 days before they started to come off :rolleyes:

The fit of this kit is quite good considering it's age, the crew where a bit big but you can't really see this, in all this oldie turned out well :shock:

makes a bit of a change, compared to making another lanc' ! enjoy lads/lass's....................

Oh and i started another boring lancaster yesterday :lol:

thanks for looking.... ian

That Vulcan looks good :) I myself have the Airfix Vulcan which I intend to do as XM607, then get another to do as XH558 lol

fantastic Vulcan Ian :)

Im too developing a real thing for Lancasters :D

considering making one out of wood when I finish some of my other stuff first ( says the same thing 10years ago ) :lol:

here is a picy of some of my collection i have taking up most of the space around my place. cheers hadyn

Attachments

• model pictures 003 (Large).jpg
    model pictures 003 (Large).jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 84
  • model pictures 006 (Large).jpg
    model pictures 006 (Large).jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 92
I'm very impressed.Where do you keep them?

i have them sitting around everywhere, on top of the fridge, on the TV cabinet, i have a glass cabinet for my favorites and the rest sit where ever i can find a space, every couple of months i do a big dusting session and try and keep them clean, dust, its a bloody killer. I'll take a couple more photos and put them up ASAP. cheers hadyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back