Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:lol: :lol:

Without my glasses I can see that a few beers it won't be enough. A big box... :lol:
SE makes very good models but photos....He has to get more trainings or beer. :lol:

Well a few days back I decided to dust off my old 1:48 airfix Spitfire Vc and finally finished it today. Now as you can see from my pics, I'm no modeller, the box said skill level 2, which is two grades above me. It was painted with a brush from an unsteady hand and a bad eye for detail, but atleast it looks like a spit. Anyway it represents an aircraft from 79 sqn RAAF based on Kiriwina Is, New Guinea. All coments, critisism and jokes welcome!:D

Attachments

• IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1504.JPG
    IMG_1504.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1505.JPG
    IMG_1505.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1506.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 65
That's a lovely paint job, Wildcat, and not just especially as it's brushed!

I'm still a brush painter too, but have decided to finally go the whole hog and get an airbrush, now that it seems I've finally settled. Will post a seperate thread for advice regarding choice of airbrush, etc.

BTW, Wildcat, weren't RAAF Spitty prop blades painted with yellow tips?

I've seen Israeli Spits with straight black blades, that's why I asked, and also because I'll be making ICM's 1/48 USAAF Spit Mk.VIII eventually as an Aussie machine. (Probably as UP-F 'Have a go Jo', because Ivett prefers the paint scheme over the Grey Nurse ones!)

I got that kit A4k I was thinking of doing it as an RAAF one too. Not sure though as the grey nurse decals are 40dollars, a little rich for me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back