Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My finished Tamiya zero. My first 1/48scale model really and first Japanese type I've built. Used a lot of greys to weather it. Did a bit of silver as it paint had come off but not that much, was going for a dirty aircraft rather than decaying. It has its mistakes and has nothing on everyone elses models here but Im reasonably pleased with it.

That is one of the best Goerges I've ever seen!! She looks so real, those jap fighters did have a hard time at those near the ocean tropical rain forest airfields. And the pint jobs received a lot of punishment by their pilot's habit of covering them with palms, trunks and any other stuff they found at those locations. Great modeling, congrats!!

Hello Guys. Wanted to say hi! ..New to the forum. Getting back into building. Got a 1/24 Stuka, 109e, 190a on the way... Hope to have pics posted soonish! Big time German fighter nut... Take care. By the way Nice Pics and fantastic weathering!!

Dr.V

Here's the Italeri 1:48 Spitfire IX. Not a bad little kit, goes together very easily apart from a little problem with the wing root. Not massively detailed however, but still enjoyable. I removed the armament and added a camera and some minor cockpit details. The colour was Xtracolor PRU Pink but it comes out as very glossy and far too 'new' so I gave it a coat of matt varnish. Of course it was only after I'd made it that I found a site giving a detailed built and recommending that it be mixed with white to give a more realistic finish. Oh well, still pretty happy with the result. Anyone know if it should have antenna wires?

P2180899.jpg

P2180900.jpg

P2180901.jpg

P2180902.jpg

I do need a better camera though, since my room never faces the sun it doesn't get much light so my photos always come out a bit dull and washed out

The antenna wire depended on the kind of radio-set which a Spitfire was equipped with.The KF radio-set used the wire for example T.R.1196A but UKF one didn't, for instance T.R.1133 or T.R.1143.

So now I guess I will fix my problem, but hope you enjoy anyway.

Of course we enjoy your models.These look really very nice.Some mistakes have occured to everybody.But I doesn't mean that the effect of somebody's work is not good.I thing this section of the forum has been settled to discuss also such things.:D

Ditto Eagle's comment, and NC, I'm not sure about the antenna mast, but I'm almost certain the wing cannon bulges should be removed.
As far as I know PR Spits all used the 'Bowser wing', that is, a wing devoid of guns, and with leading edge fuel tanks to improve range. Sorry, I can't be more specific, but the squadron signal 'Spitfire in Action' is a little hazy when it comes to details,- frustrating for me too, one of my projects is a PR.XIX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back