Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've always wanted to do a 1/72nd sub. Your weathering is awesome.

Matt I got a 1/72 Gato about 80% complete need to go ahead and finish it.From what I have read on weathering on boats is rust from waterline to the deck and less topside for it can be maintained by the crew.Thanks for the comments give a sub a try they are quick and easy my weathering is just some rust pastels nothing difficult smeared downward.

Your U Boat looks great Kevin, nicely done. Looks like a Type IX ?

This is quite a coincidence as I just finished my first sub model this weekend! Well I finished it a week or two ago but just finished the display this weekend. Went for the haevy weathered look, returning to a French port after a lengthy period out in the Atlantic.

The model is a Type IX (U-176) in 1:350 scale.

Rob.

U176-0011024.jpg

U176-0021024.jpg

U176-003small621.jpg

Last edited:
You can't have too many Spitfires!
My last victim,The PCM 1/32 Mk XIV.

SFQtr_web-2.gif

S_web-1.gif

Tricky kit but it makes a nice Spitfire.

Steve

Nice one Steve ! Sounds like you had a few fiddles to get this kit done - must be easier than making a MkXIV by cross-kitting though, as I had to do for mine, before the PCM kit was released.

Lovely work Rob and Steve!

PCM ...is that meant to be 'ICM' or is there a company by that name?

PCM is Pacific Coast Models. They do limited run kits. Typically the plastic is done by Sword (in the Czech Republic),the photo etch by Eduard,the decals by Cartograph and PCM do all the resin goodies themselves.

They might not fall together like a Tamiya kit,but they do make beautiful models with a little effort from the modeller.

I also built their 1/32 Hurricane Mk I sometime ago. This one did need a bit of hard work to sort out but if you want a good early Hurricane it's the only game in town!

SRQtr_DT_web.gif

Highly recommended :)

Cheers
Steve

Ah, cheers Steve! Sword and Cartograph I'd heard of, but not PCM. Always learn something new :)

Evan

(Beautiful job on the Hurri too - didn't see the pic for some reason when I made the original post)

Last edited:
I got into some old boxes, a lot of junk in there...
At one time I had over 300 1/48 scale aircraft, starting with a 1909 Wright flyer and ending up on an F/A-18, I have no earthly idea how many survive, they are in boxes and many are in pieces...
The pride of my collection were always the '109's, I had (and maybe still have), the first 109 I ever built, an old Monogram E, in Von Werras markings, also a B, C, D, four or five E's, a couple of F's, four or five G's, a K, and a T.
I got a "Pips" Priller thing going on also, 109's and 190's. Some Brit stuff, Spits, a Hurri, and a Tiffie, a lot of Mustangs too...
Two B-29's two B-17's a -24, -26, and two -25's... German bombers, He-111, Do-17, Ar-234, Ju-88's and several Ju-87's...
Always had a thing for USN aircraft too...
Here's a few odds 'n sods that survived...

misc1.jpg

misc9.jpg

misc8.jpg

misc7.jpg

misc6.jpg

Apologies if this one offends anyone,

misc5.jpg

misc4.jpg

misc3.jpg

misc2.jpg

And a "schwarm" of my favorites, Willy Messerschmitts world beating, unequaled, finest fighter ever, (IMHO).

misc10.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back