Post your Mugshot......IN A WARBIRD!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My next mission was at the awesome GOML when Tony and I went for a trip in Jim Terry's B-25 'Pacific Prowler.

She was soo noisy and full of vibes from the two 'Pratts that my video camera (brand new and brought especially for the trip !) decided to stop recording and go into recovery mode just as the loud levers where advanced to take off power....I was not impressed.
PICT0052.jpg
_

Last edited:
Then in 2008, I went back over the Pond with Tony to the 'CAF Airsho' at Midland TX. On the way there, we stopped off at Breckenridge and I had a mission in a Stearman Bomber.

Stearman Bomber you ask ?....yup.

long story short...on the way back and over the filed, the pilot says he's going to do a falling leaf approach. He'd drop the wing and kick some rudder in and we'd sorta tumble sedately down to pattern altitude. He did say it would get a bit drafty. Soo drafty in fact, that it blew my hat complete with yet another expensive video camera attached to the peak, completely over the side. Never ever recovered it :( . So at that time I was a Brit flying in an Yank plane, dropping Japanese technology 'bomb' onto a German car factory.....shoulda been a best seller !! :)
IMG_3573.jpg

Getting some great action shots on this 'ere thread, keep 'em coming. !

After GOML 2007 and the CAF Airsho 2008, the next time I ventured over the Pond, was in 2013 for an unbelievable 2 weeks as volunteer with the Collings Foundation 'Wings of Freedom Tour'.

This was my first trip in the '24 'Witchcraft' ...a girl I have gotten to know very well in the following years :)... and I'm getting some stick time and have one and only Stu Eberhardt flying in 'Betty Jane' off my wingtip !!!.

Thought I'd died and gone to heaven !. Picture quality isn't too good as its a video stills grab.
24a.jpg

Sheeeesh...no updates since Aug 2016...whatchya'll been doing for the past 6 and a bit years ?

Surely...waiting for the don't call me Shirley jokes :) ...some of ya must've been in a few Warbirds since then even if only on the ground !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back