Post your Mugshot......IN A WARBIRD!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
A thread for the braggers, the lucky ba$tards who everyone is jealous of and who attract scathing invective from our fellow nerds.

This is your chance to shine and to see if you can beat Gary with the number of warbirds or vintage aircraft you are photographed in. That's IN.......not on, around, near, under, touching, or looking up at......IN!!!

I'll kick off the festivities with the highlight of my day today - a flight in the B-17G Aluminum Overcast which is visiting Calgary for the next few days. I'm also volunteering as a rampie for all 4 days of this event and am already aching from turning the props through on all 4 engines today.

IMG_6854 Reduced.jpg

Good shots guys Great to see everyone smiling !

I don't have any pics of my flights in an L4 Grasshopper way way back in 80's, so my here's a couple of 'newer' ones.

First time to Oshkgosh in 2004...and what an eye opener that was...just simply breath-taking in its enormity. I went for a flight in Bell 47 and the following day, took a brave-pill and went for my first ever flight in '17.

'Fuddy Duddy' was standing in for the 'Aluminun Overcast that had suffered an undercart retract during taxying. That sensation when the Cyclones lumber up to take off power is just something I will never forget ! :)

f1.jpg
f2.jpg

. I'm also volunteering as a rampie for all 4 days of this event and am already aching from turning the props through on all 4 engines today.

Just wait till you get a chance to pull a '25 through 9 blades each. Now THAT is a work out ! :)

I need to dig through my remaining 35mm transparencies - I should have some of me from the 1980s, in the BBMF Lanc, and two of their Spitfires, as well as a shot in a Bell-47, and some flying a former Belgian Air Force Stampe, and a former USAAF Cub, among others.
The problem is, 99% of the time, I was taking the photographs, not being photographed !

The problem is, 99% of the time, I was taking the photographs, not being photographed !

I know the feeling mate, only too well !.

Anyroadup, after going to Oshgosh in 2004....I went back again in 2005 and took my son along for his first trip to the US. This also meant he had to go in a 'Fort, so once again I was back up in 'Fuddy Duddy :)
f3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have quite a few actual photographs, just buried somewhere and needing to be scanned.

I do, however, have a few more recent ones that I can put up.

This shot is of me (and my girlfriend at the time) in the office of the Martin Mars Hawaii when it was stationed at Shasta Lake during the fires of '08. The Skipper, Dave was kind enough to grab my photo! :thumbleft:
IMGP4175[720x479x300].jpg

This next shot was of me aboard Aluminum Overcast during it's visit to Redding Muni back in '09.
IMGP6505[720x479].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back