Posting photos on the forum.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
A number of members, for whatever reason, use image-hosting sites, such as 'Flickr' or 'Photobucket', to post images within threads on the forum.
As some here have noticed, this can often result at times in slow loading of the image(s), which is not only irritating, especially when very slow, but slows down the forum and uses space.
Also, there are frequent occasions when the image can not be seen by viewers, and worse, the image can be withdrawn, by the image-hosting site, after a period of time.
This can cause problems, especially when judging the Group Builds - if the pictures of your pride and joy can not be seen, then the judges can not assess the model(s) and therefore can't score it in the GB !!
Could I therefore respectfully request that those of you who still use such image-hosting sites, up-load the pictures direct to the forum, from your computer files, using systems such as 'Irfanview'.
This is available as a FREE download, and is quick and easy to use, as well as offering a photo-editing facility, where re-sizing, colour balance, contrast, sharpness, etc can be altered and controlled as required, quickly and easily. It really does make the use of image-hosting sites pointless!
With this type of 'system', it is much more convenient for viewers, the forum, and users, and provides instant loading, instead of having to wait for an image to scroll down, and prevents the loss of an image after a period of time.
Thank you.

I agree with Terry. What is more , each using of an URL address needs to open a new net data stream what might result in a possibility of getting of malware , etc....

Just start another then! :lol: Maybe something less distracting this time, maybe something in style with my avatar? :lol:

Irfanview, do that when I get my computer sorted, later on....

BF-109E4Romania.png

Wow that was easy :D

Also please remember about resizing your pictures to the 800 pixels in their width. Large shots might cause a problem with a screen scrolling and their uploading is time consuming rather.

Last edited:
And that is really irritating!
If I open a post where the pictures are taking ages to scroll down and open, I don't look at the pics. This is because it can take quite some time, and also messes up the page control, to the point where it's often not possible to go to the end of the thread, until the pics have all loaded.
So, if someone can't be bothered to re-size pics, wanting the forum to do it for them, then I can't be bothered waiting to look at them !
And I still can't see the point of using an image hosting site. Why let another party control your pictures - especially if you have to pay for it?!!
Also, if pics disappear because an image hosting site has withdrawn them, and they happen to be pics for judging in a GB, then that's bad luck for the entrant. If I can't see them, I can't judge them !

Is it worth moving this thread to a more prominent location?
I've noticed this irritating problem, across the whole forum, more frequently lately. OK, if a new member posts pics this way, there's an excuse, until he/she is informed otherwise. But there are 'regular' members who still seem to persist in posting this way, and I can not for the life of me understand why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back