Prepare to be blown away!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The video doesn't do it justice. Those engines (which are not expensive, $30 each) sound very realistic. Youtube's sound quality blows.

I thought I have seen all this before until I saw the flight control surfaces and gun turrets moving.

Congratulations Bernard. That's one heck of a model.

Likewise for me...but I'm by now well used to Fortinet blocking all the Youtube stuff...
I had a mate who was a C-130H pilot during his 20 year service, and was serving on in the RNZAF as a GSH when I met him, who built an RC C-130H Hercules from his own plans. This thing was HUGE - about 7' long as I remember - and built of balsa wood and fibreglass. He fitted it with opening cargo doors and a belt on powered rollers, on which he'd set paratrooper figures or a crated Landrover with parachutes, which he would 'air drop' during weekend displays at the RC club. The highlight though was when he rolled it once (!!!) - someone said to him "you'd never do that in the real thing!", to which he replied that he had once in Vietnam! He said he was being fired on once and could see the smoke trails of 5 or 6 rockets coming at him from all directions. He tried all sorts of evasive manouevres, and dodged most, but 2 were headed for the cockpit/ inner engine area. He quickly rolled the Herc on it's side, the rockets overshot, and the Herc kept rolling...
Anyone heard of similar experiences??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back