Putting the milk on the porch

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Hi everyone! I'm new and hoping I don't get shot down! Took the advice of some mods here and read some posts (espcially the new kid from . . . where was he Colorado? Irag? Seesaw Elementary School?) Anyhow, I'm been checking forums for research on a book I'm writing about the Luftwaffe and this has got to be the best forum I've come across so far. My background is never served (my dad was ex-Air Force -1950s), I build models and love researching WWII aviation. I'm also new to postings and forums (love the cool pics everyone has) and just trying to be friendly. Thats about it. I love the fact that this apparently is worldwide with people who share info, etc. This Intranettle thing is cool, huh!

Anyway thanks for letting me on and hope to have a good flight!

Thanks.

Wayne, Patterson? Its Soth Jersey not soout Joisey. I'm sorry if startin trouble already. Tim knows what I mean (Go Iggles, I'll take a steak wit). Anybody from Jersey (or elsewhere) been to the Millville Army Airfield Museum? Great place.

Wayne, Patterson? Its Soth Jersey not soout Joisey. I'm sorry if startin trouble already. Tim knows what I mean (Go Iggles, I'll take a steak wit). Anybody from Jersey (or elsewhere) been to the Millville Army Airfield Museum? Great place.

Yeah it is, been a while since I've been there. Flew in there some time back. Pretty neat place.

Now to drive there, you need to take the right onto 47S to the Wawa, then go a mile and a half to the next Wawa, take a right and go for about 3 miles and take a left at the Wawa....

South Jersey joke, can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Wawa.

Welcome to the Board Njaco, good bunch here.

GO IGGLES!

Timshatz, do you know if they're shutting down Willow Grove AF base? I've heard alot of rumors and such. Didn't they have an Me 262 there or has it been moved. This might be old news but I'm just trying to catch up.

Welcome to the forum, it's a good one. Lots of very knowledgeable folks here. Plenty of trouble starters too!

Hello Njaco,
I'm in Mount Laurel, moving soon to address #2 in Mount Laurel.

I'm a Willow Grove ex-employee, and after all the base closing news a year ago, I couldn't tell you if it's on or off the Closure List.:confused:

Sorry I can't help, but hello.

Ken

Timshatz, do you know if they're shutting down Willow Grove AF base? I've heard alot of rumors and such. Didn't they have an Me 262 there or has it been moved. This might be old news but I'm just trying to catch up.

Heard there was a big political brew-ha-ha over it. Rendell and Weldon showed up. After that, I heard it was up in the air. Probably still on the list but who knows what is going on with the list.

As for the 262, I think it and others were moved out. Went past there a little while back and they weren't there. Also had a Nakajima George Float Plane as well. Really neat birds. But they were not kept up and time took their toll. I think (not to quote me on this) that they are either in restoration or a few were traded for other stuff.

I'll check and see what I can find.

I feel so stupid for atleast not getting there to check'em out. REALLY stupid since my pre-wife is from the Northeast. You'd think I would've gone. Shame. I knew there was alot about the Me 262 there. I believe it was a Me 262B-1a/U1 - a trainer or nightfighter. Hope its ok.

Mt. Laurel HEY! Close enough to say you're from South Jersey - you know - where everything is "just around the corner".:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back