Pzkpfw V Panther its variants.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, it was. the ammo caliber was a 105mm, used by some special close support variants of the Sherman M4 and the self propelled "Priest" . Some fragily or "overhardening" in the Panther steel armor is noted.

Last edited:
Hello

I'm looking for pictures of panther A during Operation Cobra and if it's possible panther of 2ème panzer division (sector of Percy, 27-28 jully 44)

Thanks

A lot of Panzer V pictures, from July 1944 included here:

Search results for "BUNDESARCHIV PANTHER" - Wikimedia Commons

thank you for the picture.

this two picture interest me but the title "north of france" is surpring for the date 21 june...

There are no panther of 2ème SS in july or other panther of other tank division in cobras opération...

362039Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I_301_1955_15__Nordfrankreich__Panzer_V__Panther__mit_Infanterie.jpg

http://img10.hostingpics.net/pics/5...kreich__Panzer_V__Panther__mit_Infanterie.jpg

If you know other picture i am interesting, of course but thank you for your help.

Probably there are many some in the Bundesarchiv, the problem is, as you see, the date is not in every photo so is kind of difficult to pinpoint the ones involved in the other side of "Cobra".

Thanks, the holy grial of Panther pictures is definately to found one of the Daimler Benz prototypes in working conditions, still looking for that.

Attachments

• img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 162
hello,

I continu my search, i have found this picture
maybe you can help me
- for you it's a panther A?
- in nornandie?
- what is the unit?

168880panzer99.jpg

thank you,

I have the confimation, it's a panther A and in normandie, I search other picture of this N°200 (it's probaly a panther of panzer lehr becouse the big number in red)

I continue...

Is that a US star painted on the side?

....and large allied markings were specially a important issue for this tank is particular. I found a source who said the "Cuckoo" was lost in action against Tigers, but that info is somewhat vague.

Cuckoo was used by the 6th Guards Tank Brigade, a Churchill unit, which liked especially the accuracy of its gun, and IIRC was discarted when they ran out of spare parts. That from the unit history, which I read a couple decades ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back