Quick and Dirty Trip to Shuttleworth Collection Feb 2015 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rocketeer

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2009
Salisbury
Did a quick trip to Shuttleworth to do some research into the Camel......very cold but the aircraft made it warm!! Lots of work going on. The beautiful sea Hurri should be back in the air this year.

Attachments

• shut1.jpg
    shut1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 173
  • shut2.jpg
    shut2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 161
  • shut3.jpg
    shut3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 168
  • shut4.jpg
    shut4.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 165
  • shut5.jpg
    shut5.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 158
  • shut6.jpg
    shut6.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 165
  • shut7.jpg
    shut7.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 157
  • shut8.jpg
    shut8.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 161
  • shut9.jpg
    shut9.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 164
Great stuff Tony, and you beat me to it. I was going to get around to posting a 'Walk-around Tour' with photos taken when we visited after the D-day show at DX back in May.

Thanks for taking the time to post Tony. I know you must be excited about the Hurricane flying again. The Spitfire looks on it's way as well. A flyable VIII or IX?

Andy, the Spit is an airworthy MkV, clipped wing, which was flying for many years in the colours of a Czech RAF Sqn.
It's been under deep refurb for a year or two, and should be back in the air soon. During our visit last May, there were some (replica) Browning .303 MGs on a bench, which the engineers had made from scratch, presumably to fit to the wings !
It's possible that the cannon, and the ammo box in the background, were also built by the staff - wonderful work.

Attachments

• D Day DX Fuji 411.jpg
    D Day DX Fuji 411.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 133

Users who are viewing this thread

Back