Quotes and Jokes (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cats are demons.jpg

Correct, as far as I know the drivers airbag is always armed when ever the vehicle is running, unlike the passenger side airbag that is deactivated until the weight switch is activated at around 75 lbs of weight.
There's your problem. Set the weight limitation lower (think baby in a car seat) and I bet that problem goes away.

There's your problem. Set the weight limitation lower (think baby in a car seat) and I bet that problem goes away.

The weight it set at 75lbs for a reason, so small children, and adults of small stature do not get injured by the airbag deployments. The early passenger side airbag systems did not have the weight switch, and some people and children were injured, not by the collision, but by the airbag deployment.

Depends on the manufacturer and year of manufacture.

Ford Crown Victorias, which included the Police interceptor (CVPI 65A/68P models), built between 1999 and 2011 had a passenger side weight cut-off of about 35 pounds.

We used to install a keyed lockout switch for the passenger side airbag because the officer's gear sitting in the seat would activate it.

Depends on the manufacturer and year of manufacture.

Ford Crown Victorias, which included the Police interceptor (CVPI 65A/68P models), built between 1999 and 2011 had a passenger side weight cut-off of about 35 pounds.

We used to install a keyed lockout switch for the passenger side airbag because the officer's gear sitting in the seat would activate it.
That's a LOT of donuts!

I love Crown Vics. My stepdad bought a new Marquis (the Mercury version) every few years. Them suckers could MOVE.
They were fairly fast and had great handling - until you load them down with a steel push-bumper, large steel center console, steel prisoner partition, radio equipment, siren controller, lightbar, rifle and or shotgun and such...

*almost forgot*: add to the weight, a trunk full of spare ammunition, tactical gear (vest, helmet, etc.), box of flares, paperwork and much more.

They were fairly fast and had great handling - until you load them down with a steel push-bumper, large steel center console, steel prisoner partition, radio equipment, siren controller, lightbar, rifle and or shotgun and such...

*almost forgot*: add to the weight, a trunk full of spare ammunition, tactical gear (vest, helmet, etc.), box of flares, paperwork and much more.
Bad boys, bad boys, what ya gonna do when they come for you....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back