Quotes and Jokes (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had an uncle who claimed to have served on a pink Destroyer.

They were scheduled to repaint the ship in San Diego and had hundreds of 5 gallon cans of red lead paint lashed down on board when a tropical storm came up and there was no room in the Harbor, they had to ride it out at sea. Story goes every 5 gallon can popped open during the storm ;)

I had an uncle who claimed to have served on a pink Destroyer.

They were scheduled to repaint the ship in San Diego and had hundreds of 5 gallon cans of red lead paint lashed down on board when a tropical storm came up and there was no room in the Harbor, they had to ride it out at sea. Story goes every 5 gallon can popped open during the storm ;)
Someone watched the movie Operation Petticoat once too often.

Q-gender study.jpg

That car has two trunks, neither big enough to put anything into, but the rear one gets so hot from being right over the muffler that it might work to keep food warm. I don't think it is shaped right to hold a full sized pizza, though.
I don't recall it being such a terrible car.
My buddy lived on a windy road, so as soon as he got it, we both went for a drive. Not too many cars I'd do 70 mph with, on that road, but it held the speed just fine (brand new Michelin's helped, I'm sure).
It's no "family sedan" and I wouldn't want to work on it, but it was a fun car to ride around in. Chick magnet, too. \\:D/

I could put a large cooler and the targa top in the front trunk, and the rear trunk was big enough for a small set of golf clubs, and it did not get that hot IMO, but it would keep pizza warm on the way home! So beer in the frunk, and pizza in the back trunk. Win Win IMO!

Also compared to the trunk space in my Current Pontiac Solstice the X1/9 trunk space is enormous! But my LS2 powered Solstice it in a different world performance wise!
Front trunk = "Frunk"
Back trunk = "Brunk"
I think my friend and I did that pizza and beer thing at least once.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back