Quotes and Jokes (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cat check.jpeg

Most men haven't either...
How unfortunately true! It does give one a different perspective on what's necessary, as
opposed to desirable. A week in the field, "living tactical" camouflaged against aggressors, and eating roots, berries, snakes, and raw fish, while engaging in assigned reconnaissance missions, tends to rearrange your priorities a bit. Our ROTC advisor, a green beret brevet major, was determined to make SF troops of us.
I chose not to continue after two years, when it finally dawned on me what an incompetent, screwed up organization the US Army was at the time. By autumn of '67 it was already apparent to me what a hopeless disaster Vietnam was, and having more awareness of Asian history and culture than the average American, it was apparent to me sooner than most.

How unfortunately true! It does give one a different perspective on what's necessary, as
opposed to desirable. A week in the field, "living tactical" camouflaged against aggressors, and eating roots, berries, snakes, and raw fish, while engaging in assigned reconnaissance missions, tends to rearrange your priorities a bit. Our ROTC advisor, a green beret brevet major, was determined to make SF troops of us.
I chose not to continue after two years, when it finally dawned on me what an incompetent, screwed up organization the US Army was at the time. By autumn of '67 it was already apparent to me what a hopeless disaster Vietnam was, and having more awareness of Asian history and culture than the average American, it was apparent to me sooner than most.
I had a PMS who did just that. Only it was my high school buddy who went on to De Opresso Libre.
I was invited to leave.

I had a PMS who did just that. Only it was my high school buddy who went on to De Opresso Libre.
I was invited to leave.
Lucky dude! Sorry about your buddy. My high school high jump and hurdle mentor (one year ahead of me) flunked out of college first semester and became a "tunnel rat" in Vietnam. Came back physically intact, but just not the same guy. Went through a series of dorm roommates before they gave him an apartment in married student housing to get him out of the "barracks".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back