Quotes and Jokes (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This may be an appropriate moment to explain why many of my posts are of Marine Corp mocking USAF & other services. Back in the early 2000s a new neighbor moved in next door. I had long displayed on the outside brick corner wall of my house (his side) two pole mounts, the US flag & just below it the USAF flag. About a month after he moved in, and not yet having met my neighbor, he put up a gigantic USMC flag which covered his entire garage door. I'm sure this provided amusement to motorists using the interstate on ramp across from our houses. It turned out we had many common friends, as we had been Civil Air Patrol Cadets together in the mid 1950s but had never met previously, although I had heard stories of his escapades. He was a year older than I and entered the Marines upon graduation just as I had entered the USAF a year later when I graduated. We had great fun as neighbors (he was the best neighbor I've had) and he would send these USMC cartoons E-mail. After Hurricane Katrina, he moved to Arizona and the E-mails still came. I found out from his son about three years ago he developed Alzheimers and was put in assisted living. The E-mails still came about every six weeks but from someone named Joe. My neighbor passed away, but still every 6 to 8 weeks Joe still sends USMC jokes so I share them with the members. I enjoy the fact that he provided ridicule even after death.

Gave you a "like" because there isn't a "blub" emoji.

Users who are viewing this thread