Quotes and Jokes (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I saw where an earthquake hit off the coast of Northern California this morning. Power is out in some areas but they expect they it to be back on today.

Reminds me of when I was in the SF Bay area when the big quake hit in October 1989, the one during the World Series.

When the power came back on the next morning, the TV people were saying, over and over again:

1. Not all businesses are open so call before you go to work.
2. Many stores are closed, so call before you go shopping.
3. Many restaurants are closed, so call before you go out to eat.
4. Call before you go to a movie because the theater may be closed.
5. Railroad and airline schedules are disrupted, so call before you go to catch a train or a plane.
6. Call us here at the station and let us know what is going on in your area that is of interest.
7. And remember, this is an emergency situation, SO STAY OFF THE PHONE.

Well you know what they say about Texas, its full of steers and…

Uh, I'll just…

View attachment 699435

True story... In Ft Dix, NJ barracks, waiting to ship to Germany in '61, we had a FNG assigned to us. When he came in someone asked him where he was from. "Philadelphia!" he replied, to which some wit piped up "I hear the only people from Philadelphia are Q***rs and Quakers!"... there was a short silence and then someone in the back of the room quipped "F*ck Thee!!! (Delete as necessary)

Users who are viewing this thread