RAAF Air Pageant!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz

Captain
Feb 6, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
Sunday the 24th at Point Cook RAAF Base is holding an Air Pageant which will attract the Mk VIII Spitfire, Mustangs, Hudson, Boomerang, Wirraway and DH Vampire. The Vampire isnt listed but I saw it fly over my house at low level heading towards the base.

RAAF Museum: Royal Australian Air Force

Anyone in Victoria should make the trip, I am.

Well, if you can't get to Oz - come over to Britain ! It's not far ! Duxford, Flying Legends all the way !

Well estimating around 180 shots were taken today. Mostly the flying action is on film and the rest is in digital form. Got a few videos too which I'll convert to windows files and upload later this week.

Ripper day can't stress enough how much effort RAAF Point Cook put into this event. Certainly gave me some food for thought about joining the RAAF.

Seeing as the boomer was requested here are some PREVIEWS I havent sorted my shots yet. Ill post them within the next few days including the spitfire and if anyone wants a wallpaper size version just ask with you email address and I'll send em off. Once I get the filmed developed I'll scan them in and post those aswell.

Also a very short quicktime video letting you hear the howl over the Boomerangs cannons.

Attachments

• 100_1599.mov
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
No worries guys. I got tons :lol: A few more here. Like I say if you want a big version just ask I'll send one via email.

These are small just help my dial up along with uploading8)

Edit:

We have the hudson.

Mosquito Dh98 project, another 8-9 years to finish.

For Wildcat, korean Mustang complete with rockets! :)

Overall, 1 spitfire, 1 Kittyhawk, 3 Mustangs and 1 Boomerang :D

Finally the Yak9 with Allison engine.

Attachments

• yak9.jpg
    yak9.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 105
  • overall.jpg
    overall.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 101
  • mustangrockets.jpg
    mustangrockets.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 87
  • MossiePR34.jpg
    MossiePR34.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 106
  • hudson.jpg
    hudson.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 102
heres a few more.......

Attachments

• boomer2.jpg
    boomer2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 87
  • kittyhawk1.jpg
    kittyhawk1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 76
  • dak.jpg
    dak.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 77
  • RAAFMustang.jpg
    RAAFMustang.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 89
  • spitteeth.jpg
    spitteeth.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 92
Like the Yak! Thanks for posting the photos Heinz. Is that a Bristol Freighter in the background, behind 'Suzy-Q'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back