RAAF Air Pageant!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Few Harvards, RAAF Tiger Moth and one of the 14 serving Caribous.

Also another short video with the Spitfire Taxying this time. I had limited space of my memory card. I figured a quick video of each of the favourites was better than nothing. Definitely going to buy another video card soon.

Attachments

• havard.jpg
    havard.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 72
  • htails.jpg
    htails.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 77
  • dndg.jpg
    dndg.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 61
  • tiger.jpg
    tiger.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 75
  • caribou.jpg
    caribou.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_1610.mov
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Graeme yes that is a Bristol Freighter in the background. Its permantly on display at the base. THeres also one at the Moorabin Air Museum.

You are correect you do spy a Wirraway :D Intersting comparison of the tails I thought.

Some Aussie trainers.....Wirraway and the Winjeel.

Attachments

• winjeel.jpg
    winjeel.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 66
  • wirraway 4.jpg
    wirraway 4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 75
  • wirrawy3.jpg
    wirrawy3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 62
  • wirrawy2.jpg
    wirrawy2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 69
  • wirrawy.jpg
    wirrawy.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 65
Cheers guys. I agree Wildcat it looks great. Im not sure was this Wirraway also painted for a while in the colours of the one that shot the Zero down in 1942?

It was a long day Jason I was pretty knackered when I got home. I live about 2-3hours away from the base. Driving through Melbourne was definitely the low light:lol:

Anyway few more with the good ol' Bird dog cessna. Genuine battle veteran from Vietnam with bullet holes! The latest Hercules in the RAAF stable and Roulettes PC9. Only a single PC 9 flew as the rest of the team is in Singapore at the moment. And just 2 shots of the Mustang that lives near me taxying and the Yak moving through the aircraft.

Attachments

• yaktaxy.jpg
    yaktaxy.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 64
  • PC9.jpg
    PC9.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 61
  • mustangtaxy.jpg
    mustangtaxy.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Hercules.jpg
    Hercules.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 59
  • birddog.jpg
    birddog.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 61
Great shots mate! Thanks for sharing!
Love that Hudson and Mozzie, and tht was a beautiful shot of the Spitty nose!

Also noticed the SAAF harvard in there and the RNZAF one-'NZ1024' I don't know what her original serial was, but I think it was the original '24 that was written off in an airshow accident in NZ in the late 80's/ early '9o's

Ya you are correct A4K the 2 different Harvardsa are there.
I have a video when they are taxying and this little kid was calling to his dad '24' is winning as it was leading the rest out on the runway :lol:
It was great to see some young kids so enthusiastic.

Jason the roulettes are aces!

Some more guys,

2nd DC3 that turned up the Gooney Bird as its know, Trojan, Flag drop, Desert Harvard and nice Flypast.

Attachments

• flypast.jpg
    flypast.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 60
  • flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 55
  • harvard.jpg
    harvard.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 57
  • trojan.jpg
    trojan.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 51
  • gooneybird.jpg
    gooneybird.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 53
I also attended the pageant and had a great afternoon, here are some of the images that I took on the day.

P1010347.jpg

P1010165.jpg

P1010359.jpg

P1010161.jpg

P1010156.jpg

Heres some more. Hopefully will get the film developed in the near future.

Attachments

• muzzie.jpg
    muzzie.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 62
  • hudson.jpg
    hudson.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 70
  • dc2.jpg
    dc2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 70
  • boomer.jpg
    boomer.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 58
  • spitfirwe.jpg
    spitfirwe.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 62
beautiful shots, guys! what a great event it must have been.

Can anyone tell me if the green 'bulge' on the inside of the Hudson door is a stowed life raft, or if not, what is it?

It reads parachute exit on the label.

I;ve got some close ups of the inside of the Hudson from my trip to Temora in July last year. However they are on my other computer, i'll try and get em soon.

It reads parachute exit on the label.

I;ve got some close ups of the inside of the Hudson from my trip to Temora in July last year. However they are on my other computer, i'll try and get em soon.

I thought this would be easy to solve Heinz, I rang the Temora museum (only 80kms away) and asked them.

It was the Spanish Inquisition. What photo? from where? who took it? what web site? Send us the photo and we'll get back to you. :confused: So far no answer!

Copyright? or do they think I plan on hijacking it?

I thought this would be easy to solve Heinz, I rang the Temora museum (only 80kms away) and asked them.

It was the Spanish Inquisition. What photo? from where? who took it? what web site? Send us the photo and we'll get back to you. :confused: So far no answer!

Copyright? or do they think I plan on hijacking it?

Surely if you do plan on taking it, bailing out isnt really an option:lol:

Thats crazy. I mean that aircraft has photographed hundreds of times.

Ya's haven't been photographing top secret 'state of the art in 1940' technology have you guys ??!!! I had no idea I was in collaboration with traitors to the Allied cause!!!!:shock:

Thanks for the info, would appreciate any other illegal photo's of this area you could show, if they don't hang you first..! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back