RCAF 409 nfs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Kit. No, I'm afraid I don't have any further published references. This is the reason I started searching online for any other sources.

I do have a VHS tape, though, that was sent to my dad some years ago by a former squadron colleague, Bill Marr. Unfortunately, I can't view it - just white noise - which I suspect is something to do with the difference in Zone formats between North America and Europe. The sticker on the front reads: "409 Sqdn - 1993 Winnipeg Reunion. Note - VHS Format! Home camcorder - Author unknown. Bill Marr. Canadian Mosquito Teo (Tony) Televi - Eiffel Tower fly-through story."

Dad never viewed it either, so I must see if I can get a professional to look at it and transcribe it to a digital format. If I get any success, I'll get back to you.

Best wishes

David Bryant

Last edited:
Hi. My father (Les Richards) also served as an engine mechanic in 409 Squadron in WW2 and my family would visit with yours from time to time. If you see this post please reply, I would enjoy chatting with you as it's been over 50 years.

Hi. My father (Les Richards) also served as an engine mechanic in 409 Squadron in WW2 and my family would visit with yours Nightfighter from time to time. If you see this post please reply, I would enjoy chatting with you as it's been over 50 years.

This message was directed to "Nightfighter"

Hello all I recently acquired my deceased grandfathers trunk from the war, Cpl. Newt Coppel was a member of the ground crew A.E.M. and had taken a huge amount of photos during his time overseas. I can post some pictures of members and planes from the squadron if anyone is interested. Here's a few let me know if you want me to post any more.
409 squadron.jpg
new3.jpg
card game.jpg

Yep, m ore please. I've seen that pic with the rifle before somewhere, probably on this forum.

My dad was CO of this SQDN overseas in1944-45 when his tour finished.

Dad en34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back