Recent Book Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some of my more recent buys.

Attachments

• 062.JPG
    062.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 137
Got myself three books on sale today:

517PY03VMEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Juliet Gardiner: The 1940s House.
About a modern-day british family who tries living life like most brits did during the war years.

rTzU.png

Williamson Murray: The Luftwaffe 1933-1945: Strategy for Defeat.

51N6TCGXJTL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Philip Kaplan Richard Collier: The Few: Summer 1940, The Battle Of Britain.

Am looking forward to reading all of them. :)

Last edited:
Hi,
I just ended reading this booklet:
Lailebrise-vi.jpg

If you can read French and are interested in the history of Italian WW2 air-force, I really suggest to try to find it on e-bay or similar.
The author, the famous Italian aviation historian Gregori Alegi, in aprox 100 pages describes what happened to Italian air-force from the glorious days of the Spanish civil war to the the split into two different air-forces after September 1943 armistice.
Inside are many photos some of them showing aeroplanes that never entered mass production.

AS mentioned above, the only possibility to find it is on e-bay (where I bought it) because it was printed in the year 2000 and not available any more form the printer.
The text was originally written in English so it is also possible that an English version exist under a similar title.
Cheers
Alberto

Got myself the much applauded book America's Hundred-thousand by F.H.Dean. It's simply packed with data - hopefully will be able to examine it properly before starting my work season (6 moths, every day).

Got two books today:

458.png

"Those sentenced to death" and "The Warrior".
"Those sentenced to death" is about the danes that betrayed Denmark by working together with the german occupying forces during WW2, after the war they were sentenced to death for their crimes.
"The Warrior" is about danish Waffen SS officer K. B. Martinsen, who fought on the eastern front during WW2.
Martinsen was sentenced to death for treason after the war.

Got both books signed by the author - who also happens to be my colleague Frank. ;)

459.png

460.png

Frank wrote:
"To my friend Maria.
Happy reading.
Sincerely, Frank Bøgh."

Last edited:
Oyez and thanks Terry, I finished the K.B. Martinsen book yesterday.
- 'ey, almost forgot this one that I got the other day. ;)

461.png

Nice Paul! So is this a relatively new publication? How does it improve on Remp and others?

Excellent questions Andy, none of which I can answer! I believe the book is mainly pictorial and has been available for quite some time - I'll give it a review as soon as it arrives.

I know that you and I have been following a certain He 219 thread on another forum, the amount of data that has been collected (with a lot more to come) suggests that a definitive book on the UHU will one day be a reality.

I was fortunate enough to be sent a copy of Ron's He 219 book and from his revisions on available publications it seems that many errors have been made regarding the genesis of this aircraft over the years, from the Remp book onwards.

One of the most interesting aspects of that thread is a revised and expanded operational history of the pre-production A-0 series, it appears Marcel has had the opportunity to interview some ex- NJG 1 personnel.....

The only annoying thing about it is that I have nothing to bring to the party, I'm just an observer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back