Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's working Ralph. But that Yellow Wing Wildcat is not a natural metal finish. It is in fact an aluminum dope finish, this means you will have to get another kit for the NMF you want to work on. A P-38J from Tamiya perhaps, or a P-51D maybe. ICM has a B-26B marauder coming out soon. And HB's new 1/48 B-24J is hitting the shelves this week. A 1/48 B-29 would give you lots of practice! Just a few ideas.

These suggestions are a sign of great friendship.

Slick way of trying to get me to load up on U.S. huh! And I always thought 'aluminum' was a metal . Thanks for the feedback though.

Slick way of trying to get me to load up on U.S. huh! And I always thought 'aluminum' was a metal . Thanks for the feedback though.
Aluminum is a metal, but aluminum dope is not a NMF, it's a paint and it's a dull aluminum flake paint at that. It is the standard paint used by the US Navy in the pre war "Yellow Wing" paint scheme. Many of the aircraft used during that transitional era were in part fabric covered fuselage. They painted everything! Late war USAAF started using NMF and Naval aircraft post Korea for a short time till corrosion became a thing. By the early 60 EVERYTHING was painted!

Latest, for my PBY-5 and PB2B-1 Catalinas. All sets 1:72.

Eduard #72242: PBY-5A Catalina (for Academy kit)

Quickboost #72006: PBY-5 Catalina Propeller
Quickboost #72007: PBY-5A Catalina correct cowlings
Quickboost #72056: PBY-1/5 Catalina Engine

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread