Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just made the comparison because you built an Avenger and hate the wildcat. Maybe somewhere, in the unconscious, you desire a wildcat... we will make that desire become a reality!!

I went to my art store and ended up with a $70 tab!

- Revells 1/48 Spitfire
- two 12 by 12 square cut balsa pieces at $4 each (Now I can play with some bases)
- Some random small balsa pieces which I saw potential in making possible diorama features with, not sure what I can accomplish yet though.
- New glue (other ran out).
- Silver rattle-can paint
- Paint palettes
-I think thats it

Nice books Andy, should be some good reading and info in both I would think.
You've been busy Mag! The Balsa is ok for bases, but for future reference, use MDF - it's more stable, and a LOT cheaper. A large sheet can be had for a few dollars, then cut into a number of varying sizes for bases.

Righto old chap, but it was tempting and finally a green light after not seeing any wood for weeks. A 12 by 12 holds any 1/48 single engine I got pretty well, should make a great runway out of it!

Just picked up the venerable Hasegawa 1/32nd Me-262A from my LHS on sale (US$34.95 vs.US$45.95); had this kit years ago (1980?) and managed to lose everything but the directions (I've moved a few times). Wish I'd bought it a few months ago, and I could've participated in the Defense Of The Reich GB. It may be a while before I get around to it, got a few other projects in the que (1/48th Arado Ar 234C-3/4, 1/48th ACH-47A Armed Chinook, 1/48th CH-46E "Bullfrog", and 1/32nd P-38J for the PTO GB).

Hey terry have you seen scale aviation modeller this month they have an article on converting a mk24 spit into an seafire 45 looks to be an huge job .BB

I only saw the cover BB, and giggled! Spit 24 to Seafire equivalent shouldn't be too difficult really, it's more a case of a bit of surgery and some additions, a bit like Airfix did with their 1/48th Spit Seafire kits. I agree though, it's a longish job, and should look good when done. I might get the mag to see how he /she got on.
Wayne, glad you got the mag; I sent the stuff, and the following month's Vengeance article to Andy. If you ever want anything like that before it reaches Oz, let me know, and I'll scan and e-mail the stuff, no problem mate. Did you have any success downloading the decals? I reached the appropriate page on thier web-site, but couldn't seem to get any further - probably me being thick! I wanted some of the other decals there,but it's not urgent, so I'll have another go sometime.

Yeah downloaded the decals no problem....e-mail on the way to you!

I've just been and got myself a Tamiya 1/48 Spit Mk1. Was contemplating the Italeri SBD in the same scale, but evenyually the Spit won through. Once my Seafire is done (more pics coming sooinsh!), the Spit will be next, then I might get a crack on with finishing the Do217 that I didn't get done for the last GB 8)

Snapped this one up ebay, for the MTO/North Africa GB....thought that I'd get it for 10 smackaronies, but they managed to sneak in another bid, soo.....co18ugh!

Attachments

• B-25J.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 67
Ah ha, you got it then, well done old chap. Did you by any chance try to cover the cost with a cough old boy? Did I hear £18 mumbled there, plus the outrageous shipping costs old fruit? I do seem to recall informing one that one could purchase this from stock at TAHS for £15, with free shipping - or perhaps one didn't hear one don't you know!
Oh well, at least one has it now, hasn't one?!!

Users who are viewing this thread