Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi guy's

I'M back in buisness :lol::lol::lol:

just ordered these.The spit is going to replace the one i messed up,so if it's not to late it will go into the MTO GB :D:D.

Attachments

• revel hurricane mk1.jpg
    revel hurricane mk1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 55
  • airfix.jpg
    airfix.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 58
Very cool! I don't know if this counts..... but I received these in the mail.... I never paid for them, there's no return address on the box, a bit weird.

Attachments

• OPEL Medical.jpg
    OPEL Medical.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 51
  • STUG III.JPG
    STUG III.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 53
Nice buys Keith and Harrison. Looks like you have a secret benefactor Harrsion!
Keith, the Hurricane is a basic, but overall nice kit. I've only done the Revell re-hash of the MkI, issued as a MkIIC, which I converted back to a MkI, and it can be made into a nice model. The main draw back is the wheels, and I'm looking around for some resin ones, hoping someone does some since the kit is now available again. Might get me another, to super detail for the Czech museum, to go with the JU88 - if I'm quick enough, as I believe there are only 7,500 being made!!

I hear ya, I am looking for a P-51C and found that the company that makes one sells it for 32 dollars. I hate market economy!

Very nice buy Paul!! I don't know if it will interest you, but Revell have re-released their 1/32nd scale Bf110C. It's at Model Hobbies, I think at around £17 to £20. Seem to recall it wasn't bad overall, and a lot can be done with it.

Well earlier this week I went down to the LHS to fill some needs for a few of my current ongoing projects and wouldn't you know it something caught my eye.

Seeing as I'm so weak willed I couldn't resist.

ModelPhotos007.jpg

and for some reference I got...

SS1216.jpg

Nice haul Dirk, looks like a nice kit with some interesting 'add ons'.
Seems like model shops all over the world have the same strange power. I think it must be a form of force field, and probably ESP messages, which won't allow one to leave without purchasing a kit you don't really need, which is stretching the budget, and demands that some reference material and accessories are also purchased!
I've lost count of the times I've visited my LHS just for a tube of cement, or one tin of paint, total cost around £2, and left with a large bag of kit(s) and goodies, total cost £30 !!!
As a side note, Iris, the owner of my local model shop, told me that the plastic kit industry, and the market, is growing tremendously, bigger than the boom of the 1980's, to the point that her main area of sales, radio control cars and accessories, for the serious model racers mainly, which used to be around 70% of her sales, is now at around 25%. The bulk is now plastic kits! And it shows in the piles of new kits arriving each time I visit.
Hopefully good news, if it means more new kits and re-releases of some of the older, good ones!

Seems like model shops all over the world have the same strange power. I think it must be a form of force field, and probably ESP messages, which won't allow one to leave without purchasing a kit you don't really need, which is stretching the budget, and demands that some reference material and accessories are also purchased!
I've lost count of the times I've visited my LHS just for a tube of cement, or one tin of paint, total cost around £2, and left with a large bag of kit(s) and goodies, total cost £30 !!!
As a side note, Iris, the owner of my local model shop, told me that the plastic kit industry, and the market, is growing tremendously, bigger than the boom of the 1980's, to the point that her main area of sales, radio control cars and accessories, for the serious model racers mainly, which used to be around 70% of her sales, is now at around 25%. The bulk is now plastic kits! And it shows in the piles of new kits arriving each time I visit.
Hopefully good news, if it means more new kits and re-releases of some of the older, good ones!

I hear ya, but the problem is there is some stuff I forgot and I need to move forward with some of my projects but I'm afraid to go back. I know I'll spend more and more. :lol:

Harrison, Yes they have all kinds of reference material. As a matter of fact they have the HS129 book I bought on line 3 weeks ago (WHICH STILL ISN"T HERE YET!!!!!!!:evil:) I'm almost tempted to buy it so I can move forward with the MTO build and then eBay the other one when and if it ever gets here.

One of the books I saw is for the B-17s of the PTO. I can use that for the upcoming Group build.

Thats quite suprising - good news though!

Great buy Dirk! its a pretty sweek kit no doubt made alot better with the photo-etch!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back