Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's a nice stash there degs. Is the Swift vac-form? I could do with one for my 56 Sqn build, but I don't fancy the hassle of a vac-form kit, and can't find an injection moulded one.

Going back to building kits after 32 years of fixing real ones !

1/48 scale:
Gloster Meteor
Hawker Sea Hawk
DeHavilland Venom
Gloster Javelin
Hawker Hunter
EE Lightning
Supermarine Swift
Folland Gnat
Blackburn Buccaneer
Hunting Strikemaster
Hawker Harrier
SEPECAT Jaguar
BAe Hawk
PANAVIA Tornado
Eurofighter Typhoon

Still have 5 more on wish list and I got to drag these back from UK

G'day to Khobar, nice stash your building up there Degs all great aircraft, is the Swift a vacform and are you by chance thinking of doing the Lightning in RSAF livery. I spent 2 years at Dh with BAe in the mid 70s.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Arrived today - to kick off my series of 1/48 fighters

Looks an oldie but its actually real nice - crisp recessed detail - took some pics

Looks alot easier to build than tamiya kits from which I have bad memorys

Its gonna need a new canopy though - didn't come with USN or FAA decals but RNZAF ones were there

Also came with a stand , is this really an airfix moulding?

Attachments

• IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 66
This may be of track a little bit but this is what I WANT to purchase next.

Leica-Microscope2-small.jpg

It would be great for trying to attach those 1/72 Photo Etch knobs and levers in the future. :lol:

Cheers mate! Yup will be an NZ machine

Will be a while til I do it though , the decals I've used with my prior RNZAF birds were Ventura and the colours are quite light , with these decals they're darker so I'm looking forward to seeing the difference along with a heavy faded finish

Highly recommended kit

Great idea Dirk...I use a Leica at work (for PCB component soldering).

If you can, get one with the black weighted base with microscope head mounted on adjustable horizontal and vertical poles - it will give you much more desk space to work in than the version in your photo.

Nice kit Daniel, and so is theeir P51. I built both back in about 1985. And yes, I reckon the old Airfix stand found its way into the box somehow! BTW, that's an earlier stand, from the '60's, they changed to a 'v' shape in the mid 1970's. I'm full of useless b*ll*cks you know!!

No no ,old buy .Thats actually interesting - clears abit up! cheers mate!

I shall wait a long time to building it , good thing was it was cheap hence I ask about their P-51

Haven't seen one of those airfix stands since i was kid! Looks like a nice corsair Dan 8)

Look what i got today....

SL380011-1.gif

Its HUGE!! :shocked!:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back