Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I nearly ending up getting a Mk.17 on sunday night but missed out

Said to need alot of prepartion - vacform canopy etc was a little put off

Any photo's possible? anyway nice buy! and good on ya for supporting NZ made

I will get around to it...

Some nice (interesting) stuff people are picking up!

That's a nice stash there degs. Is the Swift vac-form? I could do with one for my 56 Sqn build, but I don't fancy the hassle of a vac-form kit, and can't find an injection moulded one.

G'day to Khobar, nice stash your building up there Degs all great aircraft, is the Swift a vacform and are you by chance thinking of doing the Lightning in RSAF livery. I spent 2 years at Dh with BAe in the mid 70s.

Arrived today - to kick off my series of 1/48 fighters

Looks an oldie but its actually real nice - crisp recessed detail - took some pics

Looks alot easier to build than tamiya kits from which I have bad memorys

Its gonna need a new canopy though - didn't come with USN or FAA decals but RNZAF ones were there

Also came with a stand , is this really an airfix moulding?

Attachments

• IMG_0028.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0037.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0042.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 66
Cheers mate! Yup will be an NZ machine

Will be a while til I do it though , the decals I've used with my prior RNZAF birds were Ventura and the colours are quite light , with these decals they're darker so I'm looking forward to seeing the difference along with a heavy faded finish

Highly recommended kit

Great idea Dirk...I use a Leica at work (for PCB component soldering).

If you can, get one with the black weighted base with microscope head mounted on adjustable horizontal and vertical poles - it will give you much more desk space to work in than the version in your photo.

Nice kit Daniel, and so is theeir P51. I built both back in about 1985. And yes, I reckon the old Airfix stand found its way into the box somehow! BTW, that's an earlier stand, from the '60's, they changed to a 'v' shape in the mid 1970's. I'm full of useless b*ll*cks you know!!

No no ,old buy .Thats actually interesting - clears abit up! cheers mate!

I shall wait a long time to building it , good thing was it was cheap hence I ask about their P-51

Haven't seen one of those airfix stands since i was kid! Looks like a nice corsair Dan 8)

Look what i got today....

Its HUGE!!

Users who are viewing this thread