Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You're right Daniel, they are seperate toolings.

I have the Airfix, and now new-tool Revell, Lancasters (also built the old Revell and Matchbox kits back in NZ), and though I haven't seen the Hasegawa kit personally, from reviews I've read it dosen't seem to be as accurate as the first two.

My impression is the 'perfect' Lanc is either a new-tool Revell kit with wing dihedral corrected, and fitted with Airfix or aftermarket main and tail wheels, or a sanded, scribed and superdetailed Airfix Lanc with Falcon vac-form canopy set.
(I will be doing both at some stage...)

(And thanks Alex! - like the sound oy your own project too!)

Enjoy it ellis its a superb kit mate still waiting for the mossie god my wifes gonner kill me when she claps eyes on it.bb

Here you go Jan a pic of my NEW baby :D:D:D

ju88.jpg

nice can't wait to see them sitting togethor :)

oh god Lancaster630 has been buying again lol :lol: :shock: :rolleyes:

Revell 1/144 Typ XXI U-Boat
RR5004.jpg

and

LS 1/72 Ki-46 Dinah been after a 1/72 Dinah for soooo long as the recon version due to many years admiring the one at Cosford
322211458_o.jpg

Last edited:
Some very nice hauls there guys. Coincidence, I'm after the Hasegawa 1/32nd scale '109 too, and that box art is superb. Only got the nightfighter version in the UK at the moment though, but it's basically the same kit. Second coincidence, I'm picking up the Revell Lanc tomorrow, for the Bomber/Heavy Hitters GB, then it's going to the Grandson of the pilot. I agree, apart from the very minor dihedral thing, it's the best of the bunch overall in 1/72nd scale. Hopefully, I've still got some wheels from the Airfix kit in the spares box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back