Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snapped up this one for under 15 magic beans on ebay....never thought that I'd win when I put in that shameless bid! :oops: :lol:

Will become Heinrich Bartels G-6 when I've cleared off a few builds....:oops:

Attachments

• Hasegawa Bf 109G-6 1-48 JG-77.jpg
    Hasegawa Bf 109G-6 1-48 JG-77.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Heinrich Bartels Red 13.jpg
    Heinrich Bartels Red 13.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 58
You're right Daniel, they are seperate toolings.

I have the Airfix, and now new-tool Revell, Lancasters (also built the old Revell and Matchbox kits back in NZ), and though I haven't seen the Hasegawa kit personally, from reviews I've read it dosen't seem to be as accurate as the first two.

My impression is the 'perfect' Lanc is either a new-tool Revell kit with wing dihedral corrected, and fitted with Airfix or aftermarket main and tail wheels, or a sanded, scribed and superdetailed Airfix Lanc with Falcon vac-form canopy set.
(I will be doing both at some stage...)

(And thanks Alex! - like the sound oy your own project too!)

sorry mate :oops: missed your post

Thanks for the info!

Great scores everyone!!!!

Terry, let me know if you need spare Airfix mainwheels.

Daniel, no worries mate! (Thanks too Terry, always good to know you've sussed something out correctly!)

Last edited:
Good buys their guys, with HL GB well under way it looks like stocks for the BoB GB are building up…….

:hotsun: :hotsun:

And just phoned TAHS for this one....great people! I accidently mentioned your name Terry, old boy, so now you have a new reputation south of the border....:lol:

Attachments

• Junkers Ju 52-3mg4e.jpg
    Junkers Ju 52-3mg4e.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 50
Nice buys guys, and thanks for the mention Jan!
Grrr. Phoned the Model Shop, and the Revell Lanc hasn't arrived - wholesaler out of stock! Ah well, phone call to Model Hobbies methinks. At least it stopped me spending more than I should at the local shop!
Evan, I found the Airfix wheels for the Lanc in the spares box, - problem is, I can't remember what happened to the rest of the model! But then, it was about 25 years ago when it was built!

I'm still puzzled, as I built two at the time. I have one set of wheels and props, and two 4,000lb 'cookies', but no Lancs! I do know I made one for an ex-Lanc pilot, on dispersal, bomb bay empty, which accounts for having one cookie. But what happened to the other model I haven't a clue. Must be senility creeping in !

Couple small things I was in need of.

Interior Green paint
Yellow paint
Brushes
Applicators
Jar of cement.

Attachments

• 102_5562.JPG
    102_5562.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 102_5563.JPG
    102_5563.JPG