Recent Purchases (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have a couple of Hornets, but I have itch for the Super Hornet.....

Meanwhile, I just got these in the mail........

Attachments

• New additions.jpg
    New additions.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 88
Going into the Trucking business T……………..and that Ju 290 looks the business Tom

Nice buys guys, always nice to see other folks spend their money, and the varied range of kits and bits it's spent on. :) :)

Here's my latest purchase to my expanding stash, again with future GB in mind. This is my first Zevzda kit and from the initial look at it, it's going to be a brilliant kit to build, very detailed in mouldings with clean sharp edging. The engine comes in about 25 bits not to mention the engine covers including cowling an additional 4 pieces. Am looking forward to doing this one when the time comes. 8) 8)

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Attachments

• IMG_1408.jpg
    IMG_1408.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 91
Same here. But I don't look for a "13" :lol:

BTW..."White 13" was P/O Pavel Kocfeld's La-5FN of 1 CS IAP

Last edited:
The other day I opened the Airfix Hawker Typhoon I purchased a few weeks ago and boy was I surprised. :mad:
I was under the impression that Airfix made good models. That is not the case with the Typhoon. So since I needed it for the D-Day/ Invasion stripes GB I went back and got the Academy kit (I'll post picture later).

Opening it up its like night and day. As soon as I get the particulars for the build I will post it in the GB. I see Lucky beat me to the punch with a Typhoon. Since there are already about five P-51s another Typhoon shouldn't hurt. :p

I had similar experience Dirk. Typhoon was my first choice for D-Day GB, but Academy kits were sold out at my hobby shop so I went with Airfix kit instead. I can only agree with you regarding that kit. Needless to say I gave up from entering that kit to the GB and chose Academy P-51 as my final choice.

I'll probably use Airfix Typhoon as an practice model or something. Only thing good about it is the fact it was cheap...

I had similar experience Dirk. Typhoon was my first choice for D-Day GB, but Academy kits were sold out at my hobby shop so I went with Airfix kit instead. I can only agree with you regarding that kit. Needless to say I gave up from entering that kit to the GB and chose Academy P-51 as my final choice.

I'll probably use Airfix Typhoon as an practice model or something. Only thing good about it is the fact it was cheap...

My thoughts exactly. I'll build it someday but it will be to test some new technique. Once again Academy has come through for me. I got to say so far Academy has to have some of the best models I've seen for the price.

I'm not at all surprised about the Airfix Typhoon. It was an excellent kit - when it was released around 1958 !!
Why Airfix (or Hornby) persist in re-issuing these old, old kits at modern day prices is beyond me!
Some nice stuff being snapped up here guys, looking forwars to seeing them being built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back