Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice scores Karl!

And damn, you guys are no help at all! :lol: - I'm just gonna have to post a photo of my stash soon dammit..! :)

On a good note, had the chance to see some hobby Boss kits in the flesh...look great, though cockpit tubs are all shallow and simple. Apart from that, the Me 262 looks like a copy of the Revell kit (with decent canopy for once - the best of all I've seen), Me 163 like an Academy copy, and He 162 like the Dragon kit. Simplified construction, and the aforementioned cockpit thing, but at about half the price of a standard kit, I'd say well worth it! Saw their A-10 too, looks great aswell....

This post is edited - saw the new Airfix catalogue and thought there are alot of new tools (including the hampden)..damn, no. There are a few New Tools (1:72 Bf 110C/D, Bf 110E, Hawk T.1a, F-86 sabre, etc), but looked again, and the others I thought were new are actually marked 'New for 2010', ie probably just rereleases or possibly reboxings...atleast you can get the Hampden and Battle again though...

Last edited:
There is something wrong with the server Evan.We have noticed it too.

Sorry Evan,I have no cure buddy,I need a cure myself! 2 more purchases for me -

p1080260x.jpg

I'm beginning to understand why u guys have large stashes now!:lol:
Cheers,
Tony.

Nice pickup Tony. They look like something I would build... :p

This happened on Friday (pics Saturday), however I couldn't post it!

Hopefully this post works!

Yesterday, my Dad was asking me what the next two models I was thinking of buying were. I answered a 1/32 Fw 190A and do one of the JGr 10 birds with the snake along the side (as I had seen a Hasegawa boxing of it in a local store), or a Fairey Firefly. I was about to leave for a movie when he opens up his trunk and it's absolutely FULL of models. After the movie I came home to see this (everything is 1/48 or 1/32, mostly 1/48):

DSC_0595.jpg

ProModeller Ju 88A-4 with PE, Aires cockpit and decals.

DSC_0596.jpg

Do 335 with PE and decals.

DSC_0597.jpg

Me 262 with PE, decals, and resin flaps.

DSC_0598.jpg

Fw 190D-9 with decals, PE and a resin engine set.

DSC_0599.jpg

1/32 Fw 190A-8 (excellent coincidence, claimed for myself)

DSC_0600.jpg

Mosquito with PE, verlinden cockpit set and there were some decals kicking around.

DSC_0602.jpg

Firefly FR. 1 (also a nice coincidence, probably will claim, tied with the F-4 later) with resin cockpit, PE and decals.

DSC_0603.jpg

Lysander with PE.

DSC_0604.jpg

Defiant with resin and PE.

DSC_0605.jpg

A very old smelling 1/32 Hurricane, there were some decals kicking around as well.

DSC_0606.jpg

1/32 F-4E with resin wheels and ejection seats. Also very interested in this one, if I did it it would be as an F-4F of the Luftwaffe.

DSC_0607.jpg

A strange double pack of Accurate Miniatures Avengers. There are two different versions in here, both wartime, but one with two scoops on the cowling (can't remember what version that is!).

DSC_0608.jpg

ANOTHER AM Avenger, this time with FAA decals (including the plane I already did [would have made my life a lot easier if I had them at the time...]), resin seats and canopy masks. Thank goodness for the last item, though it can only be used once and there's 3 in there!

DSC_0609.jpg

Two Hasegawa Sabres, both with resin cockpits, one with RCAF decals.

DSC_0610.jpg

F-117. Wow this is big! Didn't realize the size of it.

DSC_0611.jpg

1/32 A-4E/F Skyhawk.

DSC_0612.jpg

1/32 TA-4J Skyhawk.

DSC_0613.jpg

C-130. Apparently he asked my dad if he wanted a B-29 or something close to it in size. Seeing as my brother already has a B-29, this is what we got.

DSC_0614.jpg

1/32 MiG-29, decals are MIA.

DSC_0615.jpg

1/32 MiG-17.

DSC_0616.jpg

1/32 MiG-21, my brother claimed this one.

DSC_0617.jpg

F/A-18.

DSC_0618.jpg

Bunch of Helicopters!

DSC_0620.jpg

F-104 with Black Box cockpit/fuel tanks. I may take this as I ruined my other one with Alclad. I can salvage it, but I'd have to sand it down etc etc, so I may just take it.

DSC_0619.jpg

All for a cost of $0...

The guy who gave them to us is a Policeman, like my father, and he says he'll never get through all of these and his eyes are getting to the point that he can only build 1/32. My Dad tried to buy them from him, but he wouldn't accept it as I guess he just wanted them to go somewhere they'd be built, and some of them were his uncle's who has passed away sadly. I think I'm good for models for just a little bit...

That was about 6 bags worth, apparently another 6 bags of just armor is coming on Tuesday.

Oh, and my AU-1 came on the same day too! :lol:

Last edited:
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I was about to say Cory, can you ask your dad if he's adopting??!! Until I read it was a cost of $0 and a change of ownership.

Enjoy those mate!

Oh dear oh dear...

Always a little humbling when all of my recent purchases arrive at once.

SNC00050.gif

Off to town to buy a new cutting matt and other things that I don't really need... :lol:

I am amazed that the models arrived in a week. If the quality of the manuals is anything to go by, these will be great kits. I will be getting into the Pup this weekend! :):):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back