Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great scores mate!

Ask your brother about the decals Cory, and let me know what he decides. We'll sort something out. (cheers for the info too Terry, that's a good idea!)

Yeah Vic I've read where airfix aren't that great, but I built a couple of aifix kits when I was a kid, plus I have James May's toy story on dvd, he had the kids build airfix kits before they did that 1:1 spit based on the airfix kit, so I guess when I saw the Hurricane a bit of nostalgia kicked in! lol

cheers
pete

Considering the age of the kit (late 1970's), the Airfix 1/48th Hurricane ain't bad. By today's standards, it's a bit plain, but fairly accurate overall. Given that the moulds haven't suffered, the fit should be ok - but after all the years, there'll probably be a bit of mis-match here and there. Back in 1982, I built one and finished it in the (then) BBMF scheme, as I needed to get a shot in a sunset. (The BBMF kites were put to bed long before the sun went down). The resulting transparency was used in the closing scene of an AV production i made for the BBMF, fading to black screen. The guys on the Flight couldn't figure out how I'd managed to get the shot of their kite, when it was known to be in the hangar at the time!

Got this one delivered today. 19.99 at Kingkit and still in its wrapping! Last of these Airfix Buccaneers that I saw on ebay, went for 53! They still have the navy version and for the same price!

Glenn. Yes, I have still have the whole AV production, including the sunset shots of the Hurricane and Spitfire (MkVb, AB910, in 1/48th scale.) They're on Ektachrome and Kodachrome transparency film though, and I'm still waiting for a transparency scanner I ordered - out of stock and on back order! Once I eventually get the scanner, I'll be posting quite a few pics from the AV show.

Nice catch Wayne. I've got the 'normal' Kubel, which is a beaut little kit. Quiter fancy adding the flakvierling to my FW190 diorama too, but think it might make it a bit crowded. What's the kit like?

Nice catch Wayne. I've got the 'normal' Kubel, which is a beaut little kit. Quiter fancy adding the flakvierling to my FW190 diorama too, but think it might make it a bit crowded. What's the kit like?

Very nice Terry...

Nice one Wayne, touch of the North Africa desert maybe.

Yes Vic...I 'm picturing one of Marseille's 109's as I have the "OTTO" decals for the Kubelwagen!

Users who are viewing this thread