Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

looks like a nice kit. I like Academy kits but Beware of cardboard like decals

Glenn, if you want a MkII Spit, just use the Tamiya MkI and add the Coffman gearing blister on the starboard cowling.
Easiest way to get markings for the MkXIV is to get a sheet of 'Sky' code letters, and either make your own serial number decals, or get a sheet of those too. However, the Academy kit is somewhat inaccurate in overall shape of the rear fuselage and cowling, so you might have some work to do. (their low-back XIV is better). If you need some Squadron code and serial examples, let me know and I'll dig some out - I should have some profiles too.
Here's one example, on the 1/32nd scale cross-kitted model I made some months back.

Attachments

• Spit XIV Build 561.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 54
Thanks for the offer of the codes Terry. I have quite a lot among my spairs and might be able to make something up depending on the aircraft I pick. The profiles would be helpfully in making that decision. I'm thinking along the lines of the paint scheme of the one you posted a pic of with the yellow leading edge on the wings. Very nice job on that Spit BTW.

Got all my crap for the Me-109 from Sprue Brothers and Micro Sol and Set......what do I use? A cotton swab?

RLM 02, 04, 65,70,71

Aeromaster decals.

So how did you like Sprue Brothers?I order from them the most for kits good deals and fast delivery.Cheers Kevin

Oh, the beauty of the Internet! What on Earth did we do before it? Trawling around all the model shops in the local area (when there were plenty of them), checking the few mail-order houses after seeing adverts for new kits and reading reviews, and envying modellers in other countries, who had access to kits we'd heard about, but couldn't get in our own country !
How things have changed in ten years !
Glenn, PM me an e-mail address, and I'll get some pics and profiles to you for the Spit XIV.

Looks nice Lucke! I might try Hobbyboss soon, the 1/72 WWII fighters are cheap and apparently quick to assemble - which is good because I'm more into paint schemes than mega-detailing

I bought the Revell 1/76 Sherman Firefly and Comet cruiser tank today, haven't posted pics firstly because I will be getting my new camera in a week or two, and secondly, I'm already painting the Sherman after an afternoon/evening of work on it! 8)

Some reference material for my 109s and more for my fast growing collection of Spitfire kits.(I didn't pay half the price on the tag).

Attachments

• P8202581.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 53
  • P8202582.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 51
  • P8202583.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 58
Nice stuff Glenn, seems you're going after the whole series of Spit Marks. Same here, although I haven't decided whether to do them all in 1/48th or 1/32nd scales, having a few in both scale already.

If there are no more Spitfires come the time I want to build one I'll know where to go...
Don't worry Dirk, as long as they make plastic airplane models there will always be a 109 and a Spit!

Nice stuff Glenn, seems you're going after the whole series of Spit Marks. Same here, although I haven't decided whether to do them all in 1/48th or 1/32nd scales, having a few in both scale already.
That's the plan Terry......eventualy. I had the idea about a month ago when I was reading Alfred Price's 'The Spitfire Story'. Already have a Mk.I and Seafire FR.47 built, so even with the ones I bought this week there's still a long way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread