Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is right Wayne a nice kit with a great fit.Their is something about a Griffion Spit and then you throw a bubble top canopy you got something.It's a shame I do not think that these saw any real opportunities of conflict would of been nice to see.

A very nice kit Glenn, got it when it first came out, about 14 years ago - still haven't built it yet though ! The Seafire kit was based on this one BTW, not the other way around. There was only one RAF squadron which used the Mk24, with the 22 being in the R.Aux.A.F. squadrons post-war. The Mk24, with 80 Sqn, saw some anti-terrorist action, operating from Hong Kong in the early 50s.

Cheers lads! I know that the kit has its minor problems, but I'm not really a rivet counter or such.... lol! For one thing, it's said the the main gun should be ever so slightly off centre....
Looking forward to get it!

Yeah, one of the reviews mentioned that a couple of the turret fittings, such as binocular case or first aid kit or something, were not in the right place, and should be a few millimetres to the left, or right ! Talk about anally pedantic! Apart from the fact that these might have been moved, they can't be bl**dy seen anyway!!
On an aircraft cockpit, with something like the throttle being in totally the wrong place, and highly visible, fair enough, but accessories??!!
From what I've seen, the internal detail is superb, and does what it's supposed to do - give the impression of a fitted interior, instead of acres of bare plastic !

Grrr. About time it was re-released, again ! I'd quite like the 1/32nd scale kit, when it eventually arrives, but being realistic, I haven't got room, so the 1/48th will do fine for my BoB line-up.

Users who are viewing this thread