Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Swap meetings are....very bad for my wallet...but the guy cleaned out his 1700+ kits stash (stackup all around the house) at giveaway prices (so in the end it wasn't half as bad for my wallet as I'd expected it to be)

I have to say I'm especially excited about the Hind. It's one of those helicopters that somewhat appeals to me, but my interest in Helicopters isn't big enough to pay the full price for it in the store right away. However at a giveaway price there was nog doubt about it anymore really.

Woo hoo, an Uhu!

Yup, that most certainly is my cup of tea as well. Rather complete kit as well, with a PE-fret(FuG202 aerials 1/72 :O ) and good details for this scale as well), although being Dragon the fit issues most likely will come for free , same goes for the Do-335, which I think is also the Dragon kit down the line (comparing the sprues back to back with the ones in a fellow Dutch modellers Dragon Do-335 build report shows them to be exactly the same)

Last edited:
Swap meetings are....very bad for my wallet...but the guy cleaned out his 1700+ kits stash (stackup all around the house) at giveaway prices (so in the end it wasn't half as bad for my wallet as I'd expected it to be)

OMG!
I thought I was a sick puppy for having a few hundred unpainted micro scale tanks and aircraft scattered about two rooms in multi-drawer stackers, totes, and plastic containers. Forgot, two small wall display cabinets. Good stuff guys!

OMG!
I thought I was a sick puppy for having a few hundred unpainted micro scale tanks and aircraft scattered about two rooms in multi-drawer stackers, totes, and plastic containers. Forgot, two small wall display cabinets. Good stuff guys!

Yup, makes my own stash of maybe a couple of dozen of kits childs play really (an then to think I sometimes feel bad when a few new kits are being delivered). I had the same reaction. This guy had all he had up for sale yesterday stacked up in a little storage room (must have been about 600 or so kits, at least that's what he told me) I thought that was quite a lot of kits stacked up, but there was this little ladder leading to an attic of sorts...what can I say, that was kind of the sanctum sanctorum over there. Hundreds and hundres of kits all neatly stacked by brand including many rare kits and the craziest of flying subject...and on the other side of the attic the workbench/workspace. One could easily get lost up there

But, for now the shopping spree is done, plenty of things to finish rather then buy, and gotta save me some the cash for ESM 2011 in October.

Had some birthday money from a couple of months ago that I found last week and the card said "spoil your self" so I did.
Very nice model and typical Tamiya crispness in the mouldings. They even supplied a nice nose weight with the kit so I don't have to stuff around making one that will fit.
Thank you Tamiya.

Attachments

• SDC10545.JPG
    744.1 KB · Views: 96
Nice one. Yes, Tamiya were quite thoughtful on those nose weights. The one on their He219 actually formed the cockpit tub and nose wheel well. Now if they'd only get rid of those horrid decal seatbelts....

Some very nice Tamiya buys there 8)

I went and spent a stupid amount of money on this, to satisfy a sudden sci-fi craving

It just as well these are such high quality, because the cost is fairly eye-watering...

BT, I've been working on an Imperial Guard Valkyrie on and off for a year, my son bought 2 of them and said we would do one each, i'm way ahead of him so far all the main bits are done, periodically adding the little bits....bast@rds are not cheap either!

Attachments

• Imperial Guard Valkyrie.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 83
I very nearly got the Valkyrie - it retails at the same price as the Stormraven and looks like the dropship from Aliens on steroids. I've built a few GW kits over the last year or so, the prices are steep, but quality is good and in fact the prices are comparable to Tamiya armour kits... or so I keep telling myself

Users who are viewing this thread