Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Three items came in today, bought as a package deal for 32 bucks, three Arii 1/48 kits:

A much wanted P-40E

A nice Ki-84 frank

And ANOTHER Ki-61 Tony!

Nice haul! I l like those Japanese Ki-84 and Ki-61 (especially the latter given it's unique look as an inline engined fighter among the mostly radial engined Japanese planes)

Those otaki/Arii kits are quite a bargin, amazing detail for 30+ years ago.

I understand Airfix reissued part of the line, including the P-40.

Just picked up a 'holy grail' kit for me, the second model kit I ever built, a Lindberg 1/72 Avenger.

Not a great kit or state of the art, but one of huge memories of the boy who loved model building so long ago.

At this weekends Airshow at Leeuwarden AFB I found me this kit. A Revell reboxing of a Hasegawa Corsair.

Show was only so-so and the weather was rather poor on saturday. No warbirds at all and very little older airplanes in general (just a lot of Vipers and contemporaries really). The four Hunters of Team Viper were most certainly a sight to see though, even more so when joined by two Dutch Hunters later on. Six Hunters roaring past was really something.

I also had the chance to shake hands and have a little chat with 90 year old, 60 sorties veteran Harry Irons DFC (I think het was one of the gunners flying Halifax and Lancaster), of Bomber Command. Given my interest in the night fighting business it was a rather excellent chance to talk to someone who had experienced it (and lived to tell the tale). I think it was a fund raising thing he was part of for the Bomber Command Memorial. Not exactly the ideal setting for a good conversations in some make-shift stand on a windy and rainy AFB, but I do feel the man deserves lots of respect for doing what he does at his age and trying to get the point across on behalf of those who can't.

Last edited:
I'm with you there Jelmer. Great to talk to guys like that.

At the Alberta Military Model Show on Saturday, I picked this up for 18 bucks at a silent auction. I can feel the ground swell of encouragement from Maximiwitz and Erich as I type.....

Great. Another Wellenmuster pattern.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread