Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I ordererd this through the LHS a few monthsago, but apparently it wasn't in stock or whatever, so I actually completely forgot about the kit until the LHS guy calls me and said he had finally received a shipment of Zvezda stuff. Pretty cool looking Russian as far as I'm concerned, just need a YaK and Polikarpov of sorts for it to make into a nice lineup of Russian fighter. Plus, this kit seems very good value for money. Lot's of details and very crisp molding for a good prince.

zvezda4801reviewbg_1.jpg

Nice lot of purchases here guys, could make for some interesting builds coming up.

I ordererd this through the LHS a few monthsago, but apparently it wasn't in stock or whatever, so I actually completely forgot about the kit until the LHS guy calls me and said he had finally received a shipment of Zvezda stuff. Pretty cool looking Russian as far as I'm concerned, just need a YaK and Polikarpov of sorts for it to make into a nice lineup of Russian fighter. Plus, this kit seems very good value for money. Lot's of details and very crisp molding for a good prince.

Jelmer, you're in for a treat, put this one together myself not long back for a GB, as you say, nice crisp and clean looking kit.

I built one years ago bruce, and its such a good kit i wanted another.

Bad news update. I hope your moulding turned out better than mine. I think the original Monogram moulds may be shot as my kit has so much flash and irregular surface detail as to be almost not worth building. Next one I buy will be either an old issue from E-Bay or the Eduard version.

Bad news update. I hope your moulding turned out better than mine. I think the original Monogram moulds may be shot as my kit has so much flash and irregular surface detail as to be almost not worth building. Next one I buy will be either an old issue from E-Bay or the Eduard version.
I haven't opened the box yet, that would truely suck.

Well, I just ordered this from Spruebrothers:

edur0006.jpg

Normally I'd never buy a Royal class, but I wanted a Hellcat, and the amount it comes with is quite staggering. If I had purchased everything individually, it would cost me about $100 per plane, but I got the set for $126.

edur0006b.jpg

edur0006c.jpg

edur0006d.jpg

Here's a review that goes through everything that it comes with in more detail:

Hellcat Royal Class Review by Brett Green (Eduard 1/48)

Also grabbed a set of these for my almost finished (after about 3 years or so?!) USS Franklin, that my dad has taken over for the most part. :lol: Now I know not to buy another ship, as I don't have the patience.

trp06209.jpg

Well, I just ordered this from Spruebrothers:

edur0006.jpg

Normally I'd never buy a Royal class, but I wanted a Hellcat, and the amount it comes with is quite staggering. If I had purchased everything individually, it would cost me about $100 per plane, but I got the set for $126.

edur0006b.jpg

edur0006c.jpg

edur0006d.jpg

Here's a review that goes through everything that it comes with in more detail:

Hellcat Royal Class Review by Brett Green (Eduard 1/48)

Also grabbed a set of these for my almost finished (after about 3 years or so?!) USS Franklin, that my dad has taken over for the most part. :lol: Now I know not to buy another ship, as I don't have the patience.

trp06209.jpg
$126 bucks!

You trying to give me a stroke Cory??!

Great looking kit. ;)

Nice score on the Hellcats. This kitty showed up in the mail today...

100_1029_640x480.JPG

I'm going to do it up as a Martlet V for the favorite aircraft Group Build.

2 more added today.

This Frog P-40C cost me $6 and includes decals for Killer Clive as well as a flying Tiger.
Frogp40C172.gif

Picked up this airfix 1/48 hurricane for $6.99
Airfix148HurricaneMkI.gif

The P-40C will show up probaly in teh favorite build, the Hurricane I also have plans for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back