Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just arrived this one:
DSCN1767.JPG
DSCN1768.JPG

After some search, e-bay included, I found the best price by this shop that could be of some interest for European fellows:

- Airbrush and Compressors Iwata, Harder Steenbeck, Airbrush Colors, Airbrush Stencils

Alberto

Arrived today
Picture230711092.jpg

In one bag - cca 4eu
Picture230711036.jpg

other bag
Picture230711020.jpg

Picture230711017.jpg

this one arrived to my friend instead to me so we exchanged(in package to me arrive Airfix Super Etendard)

Picture230711143.jpg

All together 500kn ~ 66eu.
P.S. Finally I lay hands on Short Stirling:p:p.

Great scores guys!

Glenn - ditto! Was looking at my own Stirling the other day... Falcon do a nice canopy and turret set for her, also available under the Squadron name.

Great scores guys!

Glenn - ditto! Was looking at my own Stirling the other day... Falcon do a nice canopy and turret set for her, also available under the Squadron name.
I know a lot of people don't like the look of the rivets, but I don't think they look bad. What scars me is making the fuselage joint disappear without loosing all the rivets on the top and bottom. I've seen finished pictures of models where all the rivets were sanded off and panel lines scribed, but it looks somehow too plane. I wish there was a way to restore raised rivets that small.

I know what you mean Glenn. Although the current trend is engraved panel lines and holes to represent rivets, any engraved line on a 1:72 model would be a huge gap on the real thing, and many aircraft DID infact have solid (ie not flush) riveting. These are noticably absent on DC-3/ C-47 models for example - the rivets stick out like dog's b@lls on the real thing!

My only idea on restoring lost (or making new) rivets is to mark out their positions on the kit, maybe drill very small holes with a pin-vice, then superglue lengths of stretched sprue in the holes. When dry, they can be cut and sanded down to desired length. (-Haven't tried this myself yet, just something I thought up for my C-47 and Li-2 projects... bloody tedious work no doubt...)

My latest attempts to cheer me up.....
Great wee kits the Sabre (ex Esci) and the Texan (ex Occidental)!
But I loooove them two Milwaukee Road diesel books, absolutely outstanding so they are! :notworthy:

Attachments

• DSC_0195.JPG
    DSC_0195.JPG
    950.5 KB · Views: 69
Great finds Jan. I picked this up Monday. After seeing Harrison's kit go together, I wanted one. I've always liked this craft a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_4975 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_4975 resized 20.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back