Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks like it's a very nicely engineered kit that should be a very straight forward and easy build. A few PE radiator surfaces are also included, which is a nice touch I think. I like the way Trumpy managed to mold the bulges onto the engine cowling, and also how the rivet detail is way more restrained and subtle compared to previous Trumpy kits.

Cockpit looks a little simplistic and shallow to my mind, the yellow on the British roundels seems a tad off as far as I can see, and an additional set of four-spoked wheels/wheel hubs would have been nice as I've seen a pic or two of that and this kit only has three-spoked wheels.

But for decent prince I think this is an interesting subject and kit OOB, and I guess the aftermarket folks will jump on it to work on the cockpit and wheels and such.

Here's a few pics of the sprue's

Attachments

• 00.JPG
    00.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 07.JPG
    07.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 09.JPG
    09.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Thanks Jelmer, and I agree, it looks to be very nicely produced - and a difficult one for anyone to say it's inaccurate in any way, with no real example to compare with!

And you know what you can do !
Got my 'Plus Model' fine and coarse metal mesh, and Silon mesh today - not a lot to show apart from poly bags, but some will be used on the Wessex.

Hey, thats a nice looking kit. I think Trumpy is doing better with the stuff they are putting out. As for the interior there are a lot of am stuff out there and the wheels can be had. I am looking forward to watching this one come about Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back